Reef Stews Fish Room

With the buckets on the ground like that how do you do water changes on the rotifer tanks? What is your maintenance schedule for all tanks, fry, rotifers, growout? Thanks in advance.

With the buckets on the ground like that how do you do water changes on the rotifer tanks? What is your maintenance schedule for all tanks, fry, rotifers, growout? Thanks in advance.

The buckets are on a shelf 8" above the ground so it is easy to vacumn them. I change 1 gal per bucket per week on the rotifers & harvest some every day. On the fry tanks with fish less than 1 month old I syphon the bottom every day & on the grow out system 1-2 times a week with a big wc on the weekends.

That is a LOT of fish! I am in the process of developing a larger breeding system currently. Yours is almost exactly what I am looking at doing just on a smaller level! haha

How did you design the stand/support for your tanks?

Awesome setup. I'm hoping my clowns start spawning soon, but I think trying to raise fry from one pair will be more than enough for me!
Bryan

ReefStew my problem is i have 200 clown's 10 month's old in a 25 gal tank i change the water every second day.The fish started breath heavily and going to the top of water by morning 20 were died with in 3 day's all were dead i have in tank uv running two sponge filters and a heater which is at 80 how can i prevent this from happing again Could it be Brooklynella Thank's for all the help you can give me

ReefStew my problem is i have 200 clown's 10 month's old in a 25 gal tank i change the water every second day.The fish started breath heavily and going to the top of water by morning 20 were died with in 3 day's all were dead i have in tank uv running two sponge filters and a heater which is at 80 how can i prevent this from happing again Could it be Brooklynella Thank's for all the help you can give me

Sorry but it can be a number of things. It sounds like it could be brook. but they would have to catch it from an infected fish or from using cleaning tools etc. & transfering it that way from another tank. If your fish are getting big it might be low O2 levels. 2 sponge filters. If your tank is not on a central system that why don't you have a hob filter? With that many fish I would run a filter rated for 30-40 gal. When my fish are 2 weeks old I put a Whisper 20 hob on it with a sponge over the intake.
I would start with a 20% wc & add an airstone & get a better filter.

omg holy---- that is an amazing setup and awsome work makes me feel like starting up and trying again (just to see if i can do it of course lol) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back