Replacement tubing for Tunze Osmolator

D&KSac

Premium Member
Can someone let me know where i can get replacement tubing for the Osmolator? I bought some 4mm silicone tubing on Amazon and it's to lose inside the pump. The pump works fine, so i just want to replace the tubing.

I ordered supposedly 7mm outer diameter hose on amazon. turned out to be actually regular 1/4" outer diameter hose. I just used teflon tape on the end of the hose and pulled it snug on the sleeve that goes on to the pump and it works just fine.

The tubing is a common size in Europe, 4mm/7mm, we just don't see it available here. Airline is 4/6 so it can work with some modifying but you want to be careful to never insert it to far or it will jam the impeller.

the one I got from amazon was $3.68 (not prime) for 5 meters. also advertised as 7mm outer diameter.
since you bought it amazon prime, you can just submit a not as described problem and they will refund the whole amount back to you and they may not require you to return the item.

like I said, you can still use the 1/4" hose. just apply a few rounds of teflon tape, then insert the hose into the sleeve and pull it tight and snug. then connect the sleeve to the pump. The hose will never go into the pump to interfere with the propeller.

the one I got from amazon was $3.68 (not prime) for 5 meters. also advertised as 7mm outer diameter.
since you bought it amazon prime, you can just submit a not as described problem and they will refund the whole amount back to you and they may not require you to return the item.

like I said, you can still use the 1/4" hose. just apply a few rounds of teflon tape, then insert the hose into the sleeve and pull it tight and snug. then connect the sleeve to the pump. The hose will never go into the pump to interfere with the propeller.

Thanks for the DIY. I'll give it a try. I ordered the Tunze tubing but i'll try this fix. I was going to have another issue trying to connect the metric tubing to my Kalc reactor which is a 1/4" fitting so this may solve both issues. I'll just hold onto the Tunze tubing incase of emergency. It's cheap enough.

Back