Replacing an overflow

jzdad

Love2Reef
Got a reefready 90 for over a year and wanted to remove the corner overflow and replace it with a ModularMarine overflow. What is the best way to close the holes, on the bottom of the tank ,plug them with bulk heads.Don't want to have a disaster down the line.Has anyone done this and have pictures of how they plugged it,or should I sell the tank and get a drillable tank. Thanks

Best way is to cover the holes with glass & silicone them in place.
DO NOT use window glass, use @ least 3/8" thick.

Thanks, and I won't have to worry about the weight or the pressure of the water over the holes long term, I'll give it a try, thanks again!

Got a reefready 90 for over a year and wanted to remove the corner overflow and replace it with a ModularMarine overflow. What is the best way to close the holes, on the bottom of the tank ,plug them with bulk heads.Don’t want to have a disaster down the line.Has anyone done this and have pictures of how they plugged it,or should I sell the tank and get a drillable tank. Thanks

Glass is certainly an option, i did that on my 210 (blocking holes on the bottom) if it was me.... put bulkheads on them, buy a threaded plug.... call it a day. You can then always resell the tank/reuse them. If you go the glass route, look up reef safe silicone like others suggest. Honestly, 30$ in bulkheads is super easy fix....

Glass is certainly an option, i did that on my 210 (blocking holes on the bottom) if it was me.... put bulkheads on them, buy a threaded plug.... call it a day. You can then always resell the tank/reuse them. If you go the glass route, look up reef safe silicone like others suggest. Honestly, 30$ in bulkheads is super easy fix....

Thanks , that sounds like a good idea !

Back