Reuse Skimmer Waste Water

NSimpkins

Might be a dumb question but any downside to using skimmer waster water to water house plants? In essence it is fish poop, right? Most fertilizer is poop. Anyone have any experience doing this?

Don't do it. The saltwater will kill plants. Over the last few months, I have slowly killed off the bush and grass off our patio because of this

Don't do it. The saltwater will kill plants. Over the last few months, I have slowly killed off the bush and grass off our patio because of this

same here. i killed one of the forsythia bushes i have been babying for years because when i did water changes, i was draping the siphon hose off the end of the deck. now i send the water down through the cracks in the deck and it keeps all the weeds at bay.

I have been using my skimmate (gallons worth) on every single fruit tree on our property, and every houseplant. Just make it simple, dilute the heck out of it. Nothing has had any issues and actually when I dumped about a gallon pure + a gallon on my pear this spring, it grew faster this year than it ever has.. great results.

I can say where the hose runs out of house for water changes grass doesn't grow very good always blamed on salt last year decide to put on patio for snow and ice that also I think is a bad idea lost a ton of the color out of the concrete

reused your water change and store them in a bucket keep them out side then used your waste water from skimmer for grown algae , after that you will has a lot pod come out , good food for your fish.
I even used water change to raise brine shrimp
free food anyway

Back