RO cartidge

DrHarryLopez

One Happy Reefer
I don't use a DI resin as part of my filtrated water.
I have 3 stages, One is the sediment stage and one is the Carbon.

Thinking about adding a carbon to the third stage. OPG suggested that I add a sediment instead. Any opinions?

DI is the only thing thats gonna get you down to 0 TDS. Do you have a TDS meter on the RO effluent line? My TDS goes from about 60 to 25 after the RO membrane then down to 0 TDS after the DI. Also have sediment and carbon before RO membrane of course.

-Walter

di is the only thing thats gonna get you down to 0 tds. Do you have a tds meter on the ro effluent line? My tds goes from about 60 to 25 after the ro membrane then down to 0 tds after the di. Also have sediment and carbon before ro membrane of course.

-walter

+1

I offered a DI tube to you before Harry when we set the new RO unit up.... recall? You declined. I still have it and will bring it to the meeting.

No reason for more than one sediment prefilter, or more than one carbon prefilter, unless you have specific water quality issues you are trying to address, of if you just like to spend extra $!

No reason for more than one sediment prefilter, or more than one carbon prefilter, unless you have specific water quality issues you are trying to address, of if you just like to spend extra $!

Thanks, gonna check my water with a TDS meter, and go from there.

:lol:
I know this is just me, because I am crazy. I change all my rodi filters and the membrain every 3 months

lol i had to do it ant :lol:

i change my prefilters out pretty often but carbon every 6 months. DI yearly and membrane every 2 years...:clown:

harry, what you do depends how your filter is setup. some filters can not have di in them. or rather really waste the resin. see if you 3rd chamber goes to your ro membrane or is your product water. if the 3rd chamber feeds your ro membrane cartridge you unit was not meant to house di and you will need to buy a di add-on housing.

Hey Harry, maybe that's where the red turf came from? Gonna check my rodi water this week. I have some extra di resin if you need.

harry, what you do depends how your filter is setup. some filters can not have di in them. or rather really waste the resin. see if you 3rd chamber goes to your ro membrane or is your product water. if the 3rd chamber feeds your ro membrane cartridge you unit was not meant to house di and you will need to buy a di add-on housing.

I did not know that. Thanks for sharing! :beer:

Sooo How are things going Dr. Harry?

Its all on your membrain I have a 3 stage RO and always had 0 TDS with out the DI chamberschambers but I did add 2DI chamber to my DI to remove the waste that the RO didn't get. Harry I would still add a DI camber to your RO for more cleaner water for your tank

Hey Harry, maybe that's where the red turf came from? Gonna check my rodi water this week. I have some extra di resin if you need.
Hmmmm..
I did not know that. Thanks for sharing! :beer:

Sooo How are things going Dr. Harry?
Great. reef tank made a year old April 19, 2010

Its all on your membrain I have a 3 stage RO and always had 0 TDS with out the DI chamberschambers but I did add 2DI chamber to my DI to remove the waste that the RO didn't get. Harry I would still add a DI camber to your RO for more cleaner water for your tank
Yea, gonna add the DI

Back