Royal-Exclusiv / Vertex Cone Skimmer Club

Add me to the 170 club....

alpha170arrival.jpg

Stupid question, but are our old volutes, pinwheels, etc. of any value to the rest of the community ??? Im assuming theyre going to start coming from the factory with the new revised pump and not the old setup, but if we could sell these old ones or something that might be nice. :bounce3:

i will buy your old volutes and pinwheels,,,,or anyone have old volute and pinwheel want to sell let me know pm me thanks

I´m interested in the Alpha 300, but need to compare with my actuall skimmer.

I have a Tunze 9440 running my 500gal system.

Do you think would be an improvement If i change to the Alpha300 ?

Best regards from Brazil

The Tunze DOC skimmers are very good units. They are quiet, and well balanced for air / water draw to body size. Having said that, the 9440 is could be borderline for your size system. I think it all depends on bioload, husbandry techniques (ie water change frequency, top off water quality, etc.), and how heavy you feed on wheter or not the Alpha 300 would be an upgrade for you or not.

One think I always say is that if it's not broke, then why try to fix it by making a change? If your system is running well, good coloration, good growth, no nuisance algae, then I think I would leave things alone.

Jeremy, thanks a lot for your sincerity !

I was in a hurry and do not explained well my needs...

the point is that 9420 was perfect for my 220 gal system. When iImoved to my new 500 gal system I upgrade it to 9440 just buying one new pump (with is fantastic...).

by now, I´m suffering with some algae and after intorducing a new small tank (50 gal) to my system, the corals are not really happy.

I need to upgrade my skimmer to one more powerfull and this Alpha 300 have a good specs x price x pumps...

In that case the Alpha 300 would definitely be an upgrade for you. A 500+gal system is perfect for the 300, and the skimmer definitely is packing some muscle behind it with approximately 4000 - 4400LPH air draw via dual Red Dragon 1500 pumps. Bang for the buck, I think this would be your best option.

Thanks,
Jeremy

Not at all. No Red Dragon skimmer pumps have been recalled, including the RDII pumps that are on the Bubble King skimmers.

jeremy, what does it take to join the club ?
when it comes my alpha 200 220v version algae expect it:bounce3:

jeremy, what does it take to join the club ?
when it comes my alpha 200 220v version algae expect it:bounce3:

There is a shipment of Alpha's that should be arriving in customs any day now. As soon as they clear they will be headed right out to us.

Thanks,
Jeremy

I don't want to be a sceptic but Jeremy hasn't said that there will be any 220V Alpha models in this shipment. Only that there's a shipment on the way. :rolleyes:

But I keep my fingers crossed that my Alpha 250 will be in the shipment. It's been 6 weeks since I ordered mine :lol:

true .. but the question is for the model 220v, I hope the answer is for this :bounce3:

six weeks ... counts how many are from August to today :D

Jeremy does not make us suffer again :lol:

Back