Royal-Exclusiv / Vertex Cone Skimmer Club

Thanks kvmn and Dave's Reef

I am using 200 model and heard the proper level is 9~9.5 with red nozzle.

Is it same level at 200 and 250?

I maintain my water level to 9 inches but it is hard to make dry skimming.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15709015#post15709015 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by 7thheaven

The recommendation for the 250 with 47mm nozzle is 9-10" of depth. Not sure about the others, I know it's mentioned here in the thread but it's too deep and I don't remember where or what page it's mentioned on.

Jeremy is always very helpful and has taken numerous phone calls from me for clarification as I've needed it.

BIG THUMBS UP TO JEREMY FOR GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15709015#post15709015 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by 7thheaven

8" - 9" seems to be the concensus best depth for the 200. Ive been running my 200 at just under 9". But whatever works best is where you should run it. 8" - 10" seems to be the range.

Jeremy, I purchased my alpha 200 from you guys and I get the surging with the smaller nozzle. The large nozzle works great, but I would love to have the skimmer working well with the smaller nozzle as well and I think the new impeller will solve the problem!

I'd like to also put myself on the list for a new impeller.

Thanks!
John

Subman, I tried raising the skimmer to 10" of water and I get a lot more bubbles!
If i lower the water level right above the output it gives me a tad less bubbles then having it at my normal level of 9"

rufio173 - stay with the larger red nozzle. Some are ok with the gray nozzle on the Alpha 200, others are not.

Nothing is being changed with the Alpha 200. This skimmer is a beast, and works very well with the red nozzle. The only changes that are being worked on right now are with the Alpha 170.

Irai - Did you make sure the bubble plate was lined up correctly?

Alpha 300 Users!

Alpha 300 Users!

I would love to get some feedback from you guys! I have finally had a chance to play around with one, and this skimmer is ridiculously strong!!! The 4000LPH air injection into this thing makes it absolutely rock. This one is definitely a winner!

That's right Jeremy!!! 300 is a really big monster and skims awesome!!!!

I left some pics of the one I bought from PA just before the split and a video in the first post after the split..

I can post some others in better quality if needed!!!

300 is the best of the best of the beasts!!!

As soon as I get my new setup rocking within the next 2 weeks you will have some HD video of mine rocking away!

Alpha 200 Demo For Sale!

Alpha 200 Demo For Sale!

Guys, I have an Alpha 200 Demo model that is available if anyone is interested. The skimmer is in absolutely perfect condition, and returned by a customer who used it for approximately 2-3 weeks. As you can see, the skimmer looks as it's in brand new condition.

The photo below is of the skimmer running in 8" of sump depth, with a confirmed air intake reading of 1900LPH at this depth. This photo was taken exactly 1hr after putting it in the sump and turning it on.

Regular Price: $749.99 Delivered

DEMO PRICE: $649.99 DELIVERED

Please email me directly at jeremy@premiumaquatics.com if interested, or call 317-895-9005.

demo200.jpg

The 170's will be getting a revision which will take care of you guys. Just bear with me a little longer on it.

Thanks,
Jeremy

Re: Alpha 200 Demo For Sale!

Re: Alpha 200 Demo For Sale!

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15711074#post15711074 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Jeremy B.
Guys, I have an Alpha 200 Demo model that is available if anyone is interested. The skimmer is in absolutely perfect condition, and returned by a customer who used it for approximately 2-3 weeks. As you can see, the skimmer looks as it's in brand new condition.

The photo below is of the skimmer running in 8" of sump depth, with a confirmed air intake reading of 1900LPH at this depth. This photo was taken exactly 1hr after putting it in the sump and turning it on.

Regular Price: $749.99 Delivered

DEMO PRICE: $649.99 DELIVERED

Please email me directly at jeremy@premiumaquatics.com if interested, or call 317-895-9005.

demo200.jpg

this isn't robthorn's 200 is it? lol

I was just messing with u on the previous post Jeremy..
Anyway guys I raised my 170 to were the water level is right on top of the T (outlet) definetly less bubbles, still a few though but much better like this. Gonna give it about 3 days and see if those few bubbles stop...

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15711324#post15711324 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Jeremy B.
The 170's will be getting a revision which will take care of you guys. Just bear with me a little longer on it.

Thanks,
Jeremy

Sounds like someone received the package from Klaus :).

Back