Royal-Exclusiv / Vertex Cone Skimmer Club

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15712253#post15712253 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by vanillagorila
did you have to replace anything? is it the same pump?

Dont want to step on Jeremy's toes here (sorry Jeremy, if I am) but ... Jeremy did NOT have to do any repairs or replace any parts on the skimmer.

I have received in 1 item for the 170's, however I have 3-4 more pieces coming to try out and take a look at. Once I know exactly what we are doing I will let you guys know.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15715293#post15715293 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by DarG
Dont want to step on Jeremy's toes here (sorry Jeremy, if I am) but ... Jeremy did NOT have to do any repairs or replace any parts on the skimmer.
ouch, thanks good to know.

try your long nozzle
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15710101#post15710101 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Wd40
Subman, I tried raising the skimmer to 10" of water and I get a lot more bubbles!
If i lower the water level right above the output it gives me a tad less bubbles then having it at my normal level of 9"

Re: Alpha 300 Users!

Re: Alpha 300 Users!

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15710243#post15710243 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Jeremy B.
I would love to get some feedback from you guys! I have finally had a chance to play around with one, and this skimmer is ridiculously strong!!! The 4000LPH air injection into this thing makes it absolutely rock. This one is definitely a winner!

My new Alpha 300 will be here tomorrow. I will get some pics posted soon as it here. Also I have never used any skimmers other than beckett style. With that being said I am eager to see if this skimmer performs better than my old skimmer.

I got a nice little package today. :D

DSCN6517.jpg

DSCN6515.jpg

DSCN6518.jpg

DSCN6519.jpg

DSCN6520.jpg

Little :)..The picture do meake it look very small but even my 170 was not a "small" package! Congrats.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15726328#post15726328 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Husky_1
Little :)..The picture do meake it look very small but even my 170 was not a "small" package! Congrats.

Yeah its not that little. :lol:

DSCN6523.jpg

DSCN6524.jpg

So far I am very please with the Alpha 300. It has been 24 hours and it is already building a nice foam head. The skimmer seems very strong and durable. Super easy to put together. The Red Dragon pumps are super quiet compared to my reeflo hammerhead. The only thing so far I dont like is the o ring and screw on collection cup. When I took the collection cup off the o ring was all twisted up and strectched out really bad. So bad that when I went to put it back in the o ring groove it was about 3 inches to long. So I will need another o ring or maybe a few for spares. I can see how this would be a problem with the screw on collection cup. Other than that I have no complaints. Price was not super high like some skimmers and I am saving a bunch on electricity.

I will post some better quality video later.

DSCN6533.jpg

Re: Alpha 200 Demo For Sale!

Re: Alpha 200 Demo For Sale!

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15711074#post15711074 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Jeremy B.
Guys, I have an Alpha 200 Demo model that is available if anyone is interested. The skimmer is in absolutely perfect condition, and returned by a customer who used it for approximately 2-3 weeks. As you can see, the skimmer looks as it's in brand new condition.

The photo below is of the skimmer running in 8" of sump depth, with a confirmed air intake reading of 1900LPH at this depth. This photo was taken exactly 1hr after putting it in the sump and turning it on.

Regular Price: $749.99 Delivered

DEMO PRICE: $649.99 DELIVERED

Please email me directly at jeremy@premiumaquatics.com if interested, or call 317-895-9005.

demo200.jpg

Hmmmmm... déjà vu! :D

D

Hey Orr2003...

What nozzles are you using on your RD's?¿ I changed the large one in one of the pumps.. the second one I left like it arrived.. that way I could see which nozzle works better... or what pump has a better performance..

The 300 I bought is running at around 10" deep... and I dont put the red tubing (ozone tubing)

Greetings!!

P.D. Im waiting for another alpha 200 that it will be in Mexico City soon!!

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15730114#post15730114 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Gen21
Hey Orr2003...

What nozzles are you using on your RD's?¿ I changed the large one in one of the pumps.. the second one I left like it arrived.. that way I could see which nozzle works better... or what pump has a better performance..

The 300 I bought is running at around 10" deep... and I dont put the red tubing (ozone tubing)

Greetings!!

P.D. Im waiting for another alpha 200 that it will be in Mexico City soon!!

I am not sure what mm they are but I am not using the ones marked 55mm. I am using the ones that came already in the pump.
What mm are they?

Only got a chance to test my 300 in a temp sump, running about 10" of water and dumped in a bunch of waste collected from my H&S. I only have a kill-a-watt meter and it's measuring 40 watt on one pump and 46 on another. Don't have an air meter to see how much air the pump are pulling.

Skimate from H&S

Skimmer running

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15738303#post15738303 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by spotted jawfish
Hi

What is proper water level of alpha 170 model in sump with the 59 mm nozzle?

10 inches?

You will want to run it between 8" and 9".

Thanks,
Jeremy

Back