Rw15 review/vs Wp40

Hello guys, I just want to ask, if you set the flow it in a lower level (level 2-3), and if the power goes out, when the electricity comes back, will it come back at the same level, or a different one?

Bump!

Any thoughts on a which model for a 6 foot 125 gallon with a fairly open aqua scape and about 1000gph return flow?

I would always recommend 2 rw15s for anything over 4ft (especially on a sps tank) it's just .5in bigger and a lot more power you can always run it on a lower setting

Hello guys, I just want to ask, if you set the flow it in a lower level (level 2-3), and if the power goes out, when the electricity comes back, will it come back at the same level, or a different one?

I don't know I'll try it out and see what happens

Just tried it (unplugged it and plugged it back it) and it went back to my selected setting

I had a wp-40 fail so I purchased a rw15. I have a rw-15 and a wp-40 on a 155g and I like it so far. I have the rw-15 dialed back a little but it still moves some serious water.

If you have 2 tanks in the same room, can you have 2 master (1 per tank), with a slave selecting which master to link to? Or can you only have one master per space?

I would think you could only run one master unless the room you have is pretty big and there far apart from each other they all run on the same frequency

I'm in doubt if I should buy a WP40 or a RW15

I've read some problems in forums about failures with the rw15 controller, due it's new released. And I think is because it's a new product.

on the other hand the wp40 is stable in its performance

what do you suggest?

I am in the same bought thinking to replace my WP 40's but last week 1 WP40 died after 8 months of use and weekly cleaning. But excellent service fron Fish Street replacing it for $25.00.

Tried to get a credit for the RW15 but wasn't sucessful.

I just replaced my 1 wp 40 with to rw 8's last night. So far so good. They are so much smaller than my old 40 but they move a ton of water

I had a wp-40 fail so I purchased a rw15. I have a rw-15 and a wp-40 on a 155g and I like it so far. I have the rw-15 dialed back a little but it still moves some serious water.

at this moment, which one do you recomend?? WP40 or RW15? because I haven't decided yet which one I'll buy it

^^^ If I had a tank longer then 4ft I would go with the wp40 because it has a more concentrated steam and will reach the other side of the tank a lot easier if 4ft or shorter id get a rw15 nice wide flow one other thing to consider is how you plan on angling the power head if your aquascape is open it's easier to point the rws if you have a more complicated aquascape it can be hard to adjust the rws since it only goes up and down or if turned sideway left to right the wps will have a big advantage in aiming

^^^ If I had a tank longer then 4ft I would go with the wp40 because it has a more concentrated steam and will reach the other side of the tank a lot easier if 4ft or shorter id get a rw15 nice wide flow one other thing to consider is how you plan on angling the power head if your aquascape is open it's easier to point the rws if you have a more complicated aquascape it can be hard to adjust the rws since it only goes up and down or if turned sideway left to right the wps will have a big advantage in aiming

that's a good point.
Actually my tank it's 60ft long, with a peninsular aquascape. That's why i put a vortech mp40 in the rear glass in one side, so the water flows in waves in the top and the side where is the vortech, but in the other side the water returns almost in a laminar flow.

that's why i was looking for a jebao to put it in the other side than the vortech, so it breaks the return flow. And i was thinking that with a rw with wider flow it will help me, because if not the flow of both vortech and jebao will be to much for the front of the tank.

I hope I was clear about my doubt, hahaha

Back