Rw15 review/vs Wp40

got mine in yesterday , i agree !!! awesom pump

but be aware the pump has some serous flow !!! i will have my rw15 for sale on monday i had to order the rw8 instead

on the lowest setting on the rw15 it still blows the sand every where, on full blast the fish would surf the waves at the top and over flow the tank.

rw8 is more then enough for most tanks out there and smaller in size.

great buy though !!!

what size tank?

Im using the rw15 right now and will probably get a 8 later down the road or a wp25 do you have a standard 90 or a shallow like mine

Yea my tank is 48x30x14 so it's wide I have 6 1400 koralias and a rw15 a friend of mine has a standard 90 and is using 2 rw8s but he's not BB if your bB I would get a 15

Same boat...what to buy the 8s or the 15s? Got a 150g 60X30wX20h. Thinking of two rw15s. Would this be too much. I've got 150lbs of Fiji pink on the bottom.

My tank is 14" high and I think if I had a shallow sand bed it wouldn't kick to much sand the flow is really wide so you shouldn't have a problem with the 15s but that's just my opinion

I have a 220 and currently run a 40 and a 25. 2 40s was too much for my tank. Now that I'm dabbling in sps was thinking of upping the flow maybe replacing the 25 with an 8 to add a little more flow.

If your wp25 is working fine I wouldn't even bother I would get a 15 and dial it down I guess cuz I'm BB flow is different for me I at one point had 2 wp40s and 3 evo 1400s in my 90 and loved it

If your wp25 is working fine I wouldn't even bother I would get a 15 and dial it down I guess cuz I'm BB flow is different for me I at one point had 2 wp40s and 3 evo 1400s in my 90 and loved it

I have a standard 90 also. I have been going back and forth of either getting two 8's or two 15's. Pricing isn't that big and I kinda like the idea of having two 15's because you can slow these down really slow and run them at like 40%. Better to have the option of more power then not. I have an sps system so I think I'm gonna go for the 15's. I have 1 wp40 now and 2 koralia 1400s currently.

I have a 220 and currently run a 40 and a 25. 2 40s was too much for my tank. Now that I'm dabbling in sps was thinking of upping the flow maybe replacing the 25 with an 8 to add a little more flow.

really 2x40s was to much flow??? ive seen many recommendations for 2xwp60s for a standard 220g tank....

Hi, I have a BB 93g cube 30x30x24, would 2 rw8s or 2 rw15 better for it? Thanks for suggestion.

I would go 15s sense your tank is wide like mine and besides the size difference between the two is minimal (I think 1/2in shorter)

really 2x40s was to much flow??? ive seen many recommendations for 2xwp60s for a standard 220g tank....

Yes it was blowing my fish and sand all over the place.

I run mine in else mode for random flow and whe. The 40 Ramps up the fish would go for wild rides

found two mp40's for a smoking deal, and with a rimless tank I'd be silly not to go with the wireless setup for the price I got these for.
I DO NOT LIKE THE NOISE OF THESE MP40'S, HOWEVER! Wow...they are super loud compared to jebao.

Bump!

Any thoughts on a which model for a 6 foot 125 gallon with a fairly open aqua scape and about 1000gph return flow?

Depends on what you want to keep.

I've been running my 15's for a week on my 215 (72x24x29) to rinse the sand and had 2 large piles of sand form. (The sand was the only thing in there.) I had the units placed about 8-10" down from the top rim. Prior to adding the sand they were moving water all the across the tank even aimed at each other.

Back