S. Gigantea from LiveAquaria

Day 3 of Septra DS treatment and still no progress. I think this one is a gonner but I will still keep treating.

Attachments

• 06082014RC.jpg
    06082014RC.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 0
Day 3 of Septra DS treatment and still no progress. I think this one is a gonner but I will still keep treating.

Double your dosage as a last resort.

I have not had good luck with Septra. Suprisingly I just saved a mag with it, but only the 2nd time it's worked.

I think DD is treating their Nems with Cipro. I've seen too many from there that don't respond to treatment including mine above. ^^

I'm playing with some other drugs right now. I think some of these Nems actually have gram positive infections. I've had 2 mags get sick though and one gets the other sick with same infection, but yet both are treated with Cipro and only one responds and other will die. The is something deeper that I can't put my finger on.

OK so just a update. I finally pulled the plug on this GIG. He got worse and worse and started to deteriorate. I'm still looking for one so I will update once I find one.

If it was mine, I would use fresh mixed saltwater, aged 24 hours, heated, airated, and 100% changes every pm before lights out, then med at lights out. Make fresh saltwater everyday, the same way, so it is consistent, using the same bucket of reef salt. You will have the best odds doing it this way. DT water can vary too much from tank to tank, you're dealing with a fresh import from the ocean, I'd use a water that is closest to perfect, straight from the bucket. Best of luck to you on your next try. :)

Sorry to hear the bad news. Good luck with the next one!

I still think Live Aquaria are treating their Gig's and Mag's. They all seem to be immune to antibiotics.

Back