Salt Water Mixing Stations Let's See Them

just finished mine. pretty happy with its compact form.
d7WsBfKl.jpg

when you guys mix the salt, how are you mixing it in the water? do you just dump it in and add water then use the circulating pump to mix it?

when you guys mix the salt, how are you mixing it in the water? do you just dump it in and add water then use the circulating pump to mix it?

I pump RODI into the tank if empty, add some salt, turn on pump inside tank and recirculating pump, test salinity and add some more salt as needed.

Thankfully I have a 75 gal drum and I mix when my NSW drops to 20 gallons and I simply pump in 50 gallons of RODI from my other holding tanks and open one bag of IO salt since each bag mixes 50 gallons....

I pump RODI into the tank if empty, add some salt, turn on pump inside tank and recirculating pump, test salinity and add some more salt as needed.

Thats exactly what I do except I have my RODI supply Tee'd off with one valve to the rodi container and one valve for the salt container. This way I can make rodi right in the salt container and not have to transfer it. As for salt mixing, after 2-3 times, you'll know exactly how much salt is needed and can pre-measure it in a container.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brilliant idea Smokey Stover. been racking my brain trying to put mine together and this worked out great. i like the idea of the pump being covered from all the water and salt.

maONfADl.jpg

took some rather poorly made RV water tanks off ebay. slapped a boat hatch on it and making some tanks out of it. let me tell you, off all these posts no one has said anything about getting that bulkhead in. #the struggle is real.

O3ktg6ml.jpg

TYVM, ;) As you can see I had to put the pump under the stand instead of between the barrels like most setups in this thread mainly due to very tight/limited space available.
Learned a lesson yesterday though, I dozed off refilling the RO/DI barrel, Yep... Wife was ready to kill me!, So I'm still cleaning up today. Luckily my RO/DI is slow. Orderd Float valve and leak detector alarms this AM. :rolleye1:

Edit; I used Uniseals. They are working fine. I cut a 5" hole in top and reached down inside as far as I could to determine where to place them. I like the Boat Hatches BTW. Will be searching for some TY.

Last edited:

Yes, My Saltwater Barrel has a T with a couple 90's and 45's . Creats a good swirley vortex.

Last edited by a moderator:
Salt Water Mixing Stations Let's See Them

#postaldave

Can you give a link to those boat hatches? That's a sweet idea!

What did you use to cut the hole out bigger for those?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I searched and searched Azon, Damn if I could find a pair of hatches that'll fit the 5" holes i cut with a hole saw. they're all 4" or 6". Just like the PVC plumbing at HD/Lowes

wow these are all very impressive systems but massive in size. anyone have a smaller setup? possibly for an apartment?

I tore all my crap out for this. I now just have a container to hold fresh RODI water only. I have a single line coming out to fill buckets and measure salt off that (2.5 cups IO per 5 gallons). I use the MAG pump i bought for the mixing station as a way to get the water out without having to lift the buckets anymore (the hard part).

Less space, less mess, no worry about salt going off or having heaters and pumps running all the time in two containers.

Hey everyone,

I'm looking at setting up 2 tanks, probably 40 to 55 gallons each with an 18" diameter. I like the concept many of you have used with the pump in between and the manifold out in front.

How much extra space do I need for the plumbing and a pump in between? Would 42" wide by 24" deep be enough for the tanks and plumbing set up?

Thanks.

I live in the Tampa area and am trying to locate a 24" Wide x 24" deep x 30" tall tank i could use to store my RODI water. Any one know where i might find something like that thta will not cost a small fortune? I see everyone with the rectangular style holding tanks and liek those but do not know where to purchase them.

Also, what would be a good pump recommendation for an inline set up. It'll run at max 14 feet horizontal from the saltwater tank, and the difference in vertical will be less than 2'. Let's say max 10, 90 degree elbows. Any good quality but inexpensive pumps to recommend?

Back