Salt Water Mixing Stations Let's See Them

Also, what would be a good pump recommendation for an inline set up. It'll run at max 14 feet horizontal from the saltwater tank, and the difference in vertical will be less than 2'. Let's say max 10, 90 degree elbows. Any good quality but inexpensive pumps to recommend?

To be clearer, I mean 14 feet from the saltwater mixing tank...not the DT.

I live in the Tampa area and am trying to locate a 24" Wide x 24" deep x 30" tall tank i could use to store my RODI water. Any one know where i might find something like that thta will not cost a small fortune? I see everyone with the rectangular style holding tanks and liek those but do not know where to purchase them.

Try checking with Glenn Industries in Clearwater. A bunch of people in the Tampa Bay Reef Club use them for their setups.

http://www.glennind.com

quick question, why are so many people plumbing their mixing stations (and tanks BTW) with Sch 80 PVC pipe and fittings? its so overkill and a waste of money. the pumps we use get no where near exceeding even 1/4 the limits of cheaper sch 40 pvc.

The only reason people use sch 80 in this hobby is for the looks since you can buy it in colors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Then i guess that makes me the weirdo that doesnt care about what the plumbing in my sump (that i cant see) looks like. :)

My sump and stand are all color coded and matching but my mixing station is whatever. It is in back room where I rarely go and it just generic fittings and such.

I have all color PVC and fittings in my sump though. I am in there a lot with the tank so wanted it to look as sharp. My OCD would have issues otherwise.

119afffdbd285cc794e6ca2d8ddffc56.jpg

Good old brute can for me

Water containers

Water containers

Anyone in the North GA/Tenn area.... there is a guy in Woodstock who has every type of container you can imagine for dirt cheap. He's on Craigslist with them. Its kind of creepy pulling in and seeing mountains of containers.

I got two plastic 30 gallon barrels with locking lids for $30 each. They had been used to transport bagged pharmaceuticals. (The guy can tell you exactly what they were used for)

"They had been used to transport bagged pharmaceuticals."

As a pharmacist for 21 years, the only "bagged" pharmaceuticals I've ever seen are drugs that are being sent for destruction (usually they are expired). They are placed in the containers and are then supposed to be destroyed via incineration. While I doubt there is much risk/danger in the containers per se, I'm not sure how anyone would have multiple containers like that legitimately. Just FWIW.

Successful Reefing!
Dave

A little note for new viewers, I went through the process of getting a plastic vertical tank to me in Kansas. Nobody I called, even rural king will ship for free anymore. I ended up looking up dealers for norwesco tanks and had one a half hour away. Or you can drive to any of there like 6-7 offices and pick up. Shipping anything bigger then a 50 was $150 each from all the big online tank distributors. What a pain. Tractor supply would only let me get one if its on the website, even though they deal with ace roto. Called corporate on that. I got mine from ag spray equipment and at less then the online plastic tank guys. It was ordered in on next truck.

FWIW I just ordered two storage tanks from rural king and the shipping was free.

Anyone in the North GA/Tenn area.... there is a guy in Woodstock who has every type of container you can imagine for dirt cheap. He's on Craigslist with them. Its kind of creepy pulling in and seeing mountains of containers.

I got two plastic 30 gallon barrels with locking lids for $30 each. They had been used to transport bagged pharmaceuticals. (The guy can tell you exactly what they were used for)

I live in Louisville Kentucky.. Here we can get 55 gallon barrels all day everyday from 5-20 dollars each.. They were all used for Vinegar and coloring in the Bourbon Industry..

Laws prohibit them from reusing them which is Stupid in my opinion.

Selling mine if anyone is interested

Twin 35g norwesco containers, each independent of one another with dual RO/DI feeds, dual quiet one 4000 pumps, control board with switches for RODI and salt pumps, a switch for the included finnex 150w digital heater and a switch for the included korallia circulator pump. Custom 45' marine grade hose with plastic fittings!

Simply extend the hose to your system and select wether you want to pump RODI or Salt water!

Under a year old. Still clean - no odors.

$500
Prefer local pickup in NYC suburbs.
d2abde3afd851a41230fcb8d2fca9a7d.jpg
80bf13dfa73076a01c6ef2bc3883bb65.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FLSharkvictims Saltwater Mixing station

FLSharkvictims Saltwater Mixing station

I use two 35 gallon Brute food grade cans until my Ace Moto Vertical storage container come in which should be any day now. Currently on this one I have set up every thing is 1''. One the new one I am going to be redesigning with the two Ace Moto Vertical containers everything will be 3/4''. I am going to use 6 Cepex Ball Valves and two True Union Check Valves before it hits the TEE and into my PAN WORLD PX40 water pump to stop any back siphon or contamination. Also, I just got a 6 stage new RODI system, PinPoint Salinity Monitor and a Inkbird Temp controller for my heater if needed. When it's all completed I will have around $1700 ballpark into the saltwater mixing station and it's worth every single penny. Next thing I am going to be looking into is a Spectra Pure LiterMeter® III Precision Dosing System and 2 extra Dosing Pumps for fully automated water changes.

TANK INFO: 120 MIXED REEF

Attachments

• IMG_4807.jpg
    IMG_4807.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 1
  • lilly.JPG
    lilly.JPG
    29.7 KB · Views: 1
Back