SaraB's 268 Gallon Build¦ Try #3!

Here's a pic of my growing attenuatus flasher wrasse

parachellinusattenuatussarab9-29-10b.jpg
[/IMG]

Stunning photo Sara. The last two are some of the best, most in focus photos I've seen. How big is the attenuatus?

Thanks Dan, Gary has some fantastic talent!

He's at least 3.5" ... I'll double check when the lights come on at noon. What is interesting is that I got a trio with the male and 2 small females at the start. Now in the past month the smallest one has developed coloration just like the large male, so I think he's becoming a sub-male now. I'll see if I can get that photo of the little guy from Gary and post his pic.

Here's the shot of the smallest attenuatus I have that I believe is changing into a sub-male. You can see the similarity in color and pattern on this little guy.
attenuatussubmale.jpg

Sara stop with these fish photos (please keep them coming), they are just SICK! Your fishes look GREAT! Does Gary have a website/blog/thread that give pictures taking pointers? His photos are just ridiculous!

Sara stop with these fish photos (please keep them coming), they are just SICK! Your fishes look GREAT! Does Gary have a website/blog/thread that give pictures taking pointers? His photos are just ridiculous!

Gary does share his secrets ... shoot him a PM. I'll also let him know to check this thread. He has a website you can view for photos he's taken ... for fish go to the Animals Album and for Reefs/Corals, check out the Reefs Album. www.gparr.com

Here's another fish in the big display. He's slowly growing and is pretty calm and not very aggressive...yet ;)

Gary was over last night and shot some of the cube ... so hopefully I can post some of the firefish and cave bass next week.

acanthurusachillessarab9-29-10.jpg

Very nice Sara. I love the Acanthurus achilles and have considered adding one but have been wary of their reputation for contracting Ich and being aggressive. I also went though Gary's site and man he definitely has talent! His pictures are stunning and it helps that he has good subjects like your fishes :thumbsup:

Thanks Dan, he's a happy and healthy little achilles so far! I think he's still only around 4 or 4.5 inches.

Here's another pic for Dan from the 45G cube. I've got a pair of these in there and here's one of them:

helfrichisarab10_07_1001.jpg

Awesome Sara. The detail and clarity just knocks my socks off :eek2: BTW I've been meaning to ask you, what this about a podcast I've seen mentioned a few times?

Awesome Sara. The detail and clarity just knocks my socks off :eek2: BTW I've been meaning to ask you, what this about a podcast I've seen mentioned a few times?

That would be Reefthreads.com. Gary and I have done 8 podcasts so far and we pull reefing topics off of various forums, like Reef Central, and discuss them. We are just having fun and we hope people find us, like it and keep on listening. :dance:

Back