SaraB's 268 Gallon Build¦ Try #3!

I think Gary needs to move to SoCal :D
Yes he does but if I was lucky enough for him to photo my tank and post in my thread I'd be too ashamed to ever post a picture I took again. Wow talk about being torn :spin2:

Great photos of great subjects Sara & Gary :thumbsup:

Yes he does but if I was lucky enough for him to photo my tank and post in my thread I'd be too ashamed to ever post a picture I took again. Wow talk about being torn :spin2:

Great photos of great subjects Sara & Gary :thumbsup:

LOL, that's exactly why I don't take many pics of my tank and post them!!!

Just read the last couple pages and have seen that you have been losing coral. I am not sure what you have looked into but one thing to look into might be exposure to copper. The things you describe sound very similar to people who have some small source of copper in their tank and don't know it. Just throwing that out there. I have been on the end of a tank on the downhill so I know how frustrating it can be... however mine was due to lack of time therefore I can only imagine how frustrating it can be when you have no clue what is going on. Good luck revamping your system and hang in there!

Just read the last couple pages and have seen that you have been losing coral. I am not sure what you have looked into but one thing to look into might be exposure to copper. The things you describe sound very similar to people who have some small source of copper in their tank and don't know it. Just throwing that out there. I have been on the end of a tank on the downhill so I know how frustrating it can be... however mine was due to lack of time therefore I can only imagine how frustrating it can be when you have no clue what is going on. Good luck revamping your system and hang in there!

Thanks. I did place the poly pad filter thingy in my filter sock to see if it would indicate any issues with the water and I got no color change out of it at all, so I've not been able to put my finger on anything. I did hit the system twice with Interceptor and the recession on my lps has slowed if not stopped. I've been traveling for work and a mini vacation so I have not looked too closely yet ... other than to see another SPS turned white over the weekend.

There's a strange new piece of equipment actually running in my fishroom as of last night. It's not quite running at full capacity yet as I had to order a new PH interface for my Aquatronica...but it should be fully online tomorrow night! I'll have to snap a pic of this mystery piece of equipment later tonight!

Hint: It has been sitting unused for 1 year now on the shelf ;)

PH hum, CA RX?

Winner, winner, chicken dinner :thumbsup:

After 1 year ... exactly as of today, it's finally installed and partially running until the part arrives tomorrow!

Here it is in a photo on 11/17/2009:
HSCA.jpg

Here it is 1 year later:
CAReactor1.jpg

CAReactor2.jpg

LOL, co2 canisters scare the crap out of me! Ladders on the other hand don't scare me at all! :lol:

How can you expect to manage my fish room when you can't deal with a canister that could be used to make the foam on a cappuccino. You really didn't wait this long because of a Halloween fantasy, did you?

Peter

I should have posted "fire extinguisher" when I guessed it!!!

What's wrong with Co2 tanks. I bet you've sat on a few nitrous oxide tanks in those vehicles of yours :)

Back