SC 150 skimmer review pics

Yes that may be true but how long are we talking here? The thinner ASM acrylic I ran in my tank for 4 years with no sign of hazing, cracks, etc, till I sold it. If this SC skimmer lasts me even half that time (and it should do that easily, it's thicker and more robust than the ASM was) I can buy another one and still come out cheaper than the ASM.

Agreed. I had my ASM G-2 on my system for 7+ years and the body is still fine. It flexed while I would try different mods, but never cracked. It's now my backup to the SCA-302. Both seam to be reliable skimmers.

SC65 or SC150

SC65 or SC150

I've read approx 800 posts in reference to these skimmers and I'm sold. I have a 56 gallon main tank and 10 gallon sump. My skimmer foot print max is 9.5W x 9.5L x 20H.

Should I go with the SC 65 which will fit comfortably but will be pushing its max, or one of the TWO versions of the SC150. The external pump version is 10x8x23, which length and width I could prob squeeze in but height I would have to cut the shelf above, OR, the internal pump version which is about 9.5x8.5x18.5, a snug fit but possible.

Please send me some opinions/feedback from those of you who have experienced the SC65 and both versions of the SC150. Thanks in advance. :uhoh3:

I just ordered a second 302a for another tank I am setting up. The first one I ordered has been running strong on my 92 corner tank. I get nice nasty rotten-egg fart smelling skimate. I bought a 100g cube locally on an impulse buy (it was too cheap), and the first thing I did when I got it to my house was get online and buy another SC-302a.

Anyone have any opinion on how this skimmer compares to the Bubble Magus, or SWC skimmers. They all look alike and seem to be copy-cats of each other. Just curious if there is any difference that would justify the huge price difference.

I just ordered a second 302a for another tank I am setting up. The first one I ordered has been running strong on my 92 corner tank. I get nice nasty rotten-egg fart smelling skimate. I bought a 100g cube locally on an impulse buy (it was too cheap), and the first thing I did when I got it to my house was get online and buy another SC-302a.

Hi,
Can you post a couple of pics of your skimmer pls?
I have a swc 120 cone very well made but I think it's to small for
my bio-load. No $$$ for the swc 160 so I was thinking of this one.
Thanks

So I just hooked the skimmer up an have a ?

Even turned all the way down the cup is filling way too fast, could it be in to deep of water? It's at 10" in the cheer the sump is in.

Thanks

Hi,
Can you post a couple of pics of your skimmer pls?
I have a swc 120 cone very well made but I think it's to small for
my bio-load. No $$$ for the swc 160 so I was thinking of this one.
Thanks

Look on the first page all my pics are of the 302.

The pump is pulling in too much, I pressed it all the way against the door of the chamber to slow down the flow and it's better, but not sure why it's doing this when it's away from the flat surface?

Where are you guys ordering this skimmer from? I could not find it on ebay.

Search for seller "theljnet"

I didnt order one but he has three different models

I have a question

I have a new 180 gallon about to be set up and cycling

I have a ASM G2 that i was using on my 75 gallon that i was going to try on my 180 to start

would the SCA-302 be better or worse then my G2?

Thanks

I have a question
I have a new 180 gallon about to be set up and cycling
I have a ASM G2 that i was using on my 75 gallon that i was going to try on my 180 to start
would the SCA-302 be better or worse then my G2?

Thanks

I had an ASM G2 that I was running on my 90 gallon for over 7 years. It worked nicely, but would occational seam like it wasn't pulling much. I did the mesh mod and it pulled more, but would release more microbubble, which my bubble trap stopped. I decided to try this skimmer and bought the SCA-302 in mid March. It's been working really good and pulls very consistantly. It is dead silent and produces no microbubbles. It's hard to say whether it's pulling more out, but it doesn't appear to be less. Very happy with in and now I have a spare.

I'm not sure if the SCA-302 alone could handle the 180, but I doubt the ASM G2 could either. Maybe both together would be you best option.

I didnt really think the G2 could handle it but since i am moving my whole setup from my 75 to my 180 I was just going to try it at first and see. I was researching skimmers and i found this thread. I really hope this company clones one of the bigger skimmers and then I would be set.

Has anyone tried one of these on a 180gallon tank?

Thanks

I had an ASM G2 that I was running on my 90 gallon for over 7 years. It worked nicely, but would occational seam like it wasn't pulling much. I did the mesh mod and it pulled more, but would release more microbubble, which my bubble trap stopped. I decided to try this skimmer and bought the SCA-302 in mid March. It's been working really good and pulls very consistantly. It is dead silent and produces no microbubbles. It's hard to say whether it's pulling more out, but it doesn't appear to be less. Very happy with in and now I have a spare.

I'm not sure if the SCA-302 alone could handle the 180, but I doubt the ASM G2 could either. Maybe both together would be you best option.

I have the SCA-302 on a 92g tank and it works great, but I doubt I would use just one on a 180 tank. I typically like to go with a skimmer rated for twice the size of my actual tank. Don't get me wrong, the SCA-302 kicks butt, but I would not rely solely on it.

I have the SCA-302 on a 92g tank and it works great, but I doubt I would use just one on a 180 tank. I typically like to go with a skimmer rated for twice the size of my actual tank. Don't get me wrong, the SCA-302 kicks butt, but I would not rely solely on it.

Thats kinda what i figured. I wish they would clone one of the larger skimmers but I doubt they will.

I guess I will keep looking for a used skimmer for my 180

Thanks

Thats kinda what i figured. I wish they would clone one of the larger skimmers but I doubt they will.

I guess I will keep looking for a used skimmer for my 180

Thanks

I wouldnt be too surprised if they did clone one of the biggger Bubble Magus or SWC skimmers. I compared the SCA-302 to a Bubble Magus of the same size and they are pretty much the same skimmer, except one has a price tag three times the other one.

Back