Schreiba's ADA 60-F

teamschreiba

Current FTS: 3/19/11

Background
Thought I would finally put a build thread up on here :) I've had this tank for a little over two months now and have been enjoying it so far! Here's the original plans I had for the tank:

ADA60-F.jpg

ADA60F2010-12-1619275800000.png

*Note: No longer using this stand...

Equipment
  • MP10ES
  • Eheim Ecco Pro 2232 with floss, purigen, chemipure elite
  • PAR 38 60 degree 12k
  • PAR 38 60 degree 20k
  • Hydor ETH 200
  • Lily Pipes
Livestock
  • 1x Ocellaris Clownfish
  • 1x Cleaner Shrimp
  • 1x Emerald Crab
  • 1x Maxi Mini
  • Other Clean-up Crew
Corals
  • SPS
    Green Birdsnest
    Red Montipora Capricornus
    LE Mint Chip Montipora
    Some type of valida
    Green Slimer
    3x Acros (I don't know the exact names: one purple, one blue tip, one yellow)​
  • LPS
    Green Hammer
    Candy Cane colony
    Red & Green Blasto
    Dragon's Breath Favia​
  • Softies
    GSP
    Miami Hurricane Zoas
    Radiactive dragoneyes
    Purple zoas
    Xenia
    Florida Ricordea
    Green/Purple Yuma Ricordea
    Blue spotted mushroom
    Unknown palyzoa
    Yellow polyps​
I'd like to get away from a lot of these softies and move more toward an SPS dominated tank. However the xenia will have to stay since my clownfish is hosting it currently :p

FTS Archive
FTS: 2/2/11

FTS: 1/13/11

Nicely done my friend. Simple and quite elegant. I am a big fan of ADA tanks and the MP10es. Although an SPS would look awesome I like it the way it is. Keep up the good work.

Nice nano tank! Your water looks very clean, I think purigen and chemipure really pays a big role in getting crystal clear water. Are you running a sump and skimmer or just the cannister filter?

The eheim probably does more for water clarity using just the mechanical pad. I've run the Pro 2222 for years with no chemical media and the water sparkled. Not to say chemical media does not help.

Nicely done my friend. Simple and quite elegant. I am a big fan of ADA tanks and the MP10es. Although an SPS would look awesome I like it the way it is. Keep up the good work.

Thanks! I want to slowly work towards a more SPS focused tank as well. All the new frags I've bought have been SPS other than those acans in the sand.

Nice nano tank! Your water looks very clean, I think purigen and chemipure really pays a big role in getting crystal clear water. Are you running a sump and skimmer or just the cannister filter?

Thanks! I believe the chemipure and purigen along with the floss help to keep the water crystal clear as well. That's all I'm running though no sump or skimmer.

Did you put the purigen at the top or chemipure? Oh yah, how many bags of chemipure did you use?

I have filter floss in the top like where the blue sponge normally would be. Then in the basket I have 1 bag of chemipure on the bottom that covers the bottom with a bag of purigen laying on top of it.

I second. But: I think you ought to wait until you have completed your transformation to SPS and have good growth recorded.

Thanks! And as much as I would love/appreciate NTOTM I agree with this statement because I've only had the tank running about 3 months. I've already had some solid SPS growth though but I'll definitely do my best to document all the growth.

February 7th:

March 27th:

Woah, I have never seen my candy canes stick their feeders out that far, that's awesome! Your SPS growth is great also, that birdsnest looks like it tripled in size!

Back