Seio

Dubbin1

Hey would one of you guys with a seio and a 75g tank please get a good picture of them in your tank. I gots me some money burning a hole in my pocket from a car I just sold and I am thinking of seios, ASM skimmer, lights and some other goodies :)

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=775902

these are the small seio m620's in a 75, I think John has larger seios

The seio on the far right is hanging upside down from my overflow box. I read that the suction cups suck (pun intended) and not to use them. This was the only way to mount the seio on an angle using the mounting bracket. This method will not fit over a 2" lip, which is why its on my overflow.

Oh, and don't plan on using them with a timer.

Hmmm I may need to rethink this.

M1500 1500gph/6000lph 7.3" x 2.8" x 3.5"/18.4cm x 7cm x 9cm 34W

Well get the 1100s or 1500s. The 620 and 820 don't really give out much flow. Im going to get two 1100s in a month or so to replace my 620s.

Here is a mod to the Seio mount. It is how they are mounted in my tank.

http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=525048&highlight=seio+mount

Here is my tank with a Seio. I have since upgraded the MJ with a second Seio, just haven't upgraded the pic yet. :)

aquarium.jpg

I've got 2 1500's. They do take some getting used to in a 75, but the flow they give is spot on. The one thing that bugs me about them is that you can not use a wavemaker with them. I'm in the process of converting my tank to double 250 watt HQI Metal Halides so I can't really give you a good picture right now.

Sweet seio mod. Im going to try that with the two 620s Ive got. Then ill try it with the 1100 once it arrives.

Well my wife made a good point. She said "why would you want to change anything since everything in the tank is doing so well." Darn women and their logical thinking :)

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6813799#post6813799 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by bigbenji
because you have money burning a hole in your pocket, she should understand that

Oh she really doesn't care what I do but what she said makes sense. I really should wait until I plan my upgrade before I go blowing the money on seios. I took her and my daughter out for dinner and then took them shopping at Pier 1 tonight so I should be good to go :)

Cheaper!! :)

Seriously though, I don't think that they have as high a flow rate as the Tunze units. I think the highest Seio is 2600gph.

You aren't supposed to run them on wavemakers, either.

Back