Show me your canopy

CIRCLE10

Building a canopy this weekend for my 5ft 150gal , want to add two t5 retrofits to my exsisting (hanging)two Ap 700's but wife and family are already complaining about light spillage into family room :deadhorse1: so need some inspiration/simple designs to get this project moving.. T5 retrofit's/bulbs and AP canopy kit arrive tonight!!

Here is mine:

The lights themselves are mounted on strut attached to the back of the cabinet and then I used heavy duty drawer guides so the lights slide back and forth for maintenance. I have the lights set on a 15 degree angle and moved them close to the fronf of the tank. This makes the coral grow towards the front of the aquarium so you get a semi-top-down view of the coral as it grows out.

Canopy with 2 Maxspec Razor and 2 ATI T5. Rear hinged to the wall to create floating effect and easy to lift for maintenance

Attachments

• Joeaqu1.jpeg
    Joeaqu1.jpeg
    9.9 KB · Views: 0
Since you are looking for simple I'll show one of my older ones, pretty basic, may fit your needs.
Blocks light spill but has open top so it breathes, though it could be enclosed if you wish.

IMO...canopy's that sit on the tank rim look so 60's. Floating canopy's look much nicer in most homes. Might want to do a search for the many examples here on RC.

Love the way the non-canopy hanging system looks, hate the light spill over.

Just finished my 3rd coat of poly. Hoping to get some time soon to Polish it out to a glass finish

60bf41649cfafdd2c35f69b3feab1be3.jpg

c8bbf2de9b0e3de78cf9f7915ae2ad11.jpg

ec74257727cb0b132cb6c1dad372ddd9.jpg

fd48a3eb50de16e22fc0e0c78e1d4c5d.jpg

7afeb7a163ba3c8175d3ac6e4c59e27e.jpg

Canopy with radion and t5

Canopy with radion and t5

I made this canopy to add T5's to my Radion. Corals are responding well and I have no shadowing. It cost me about $200 and it matches the stand I made. Keeps the wife happy.

So after a lot of debate, decided to go floating canopy . Started late today,drank more than worked :beer: but should finish skinning/staining tomorrow, I'll lower the led's clean and install in between t5's

Back