Show me your ... Green Nepthea

Here's mine I just got about a week ago. Keeping under VHO's and it seems to like the lower level of the tank. Had it up higher in the tank and it would stay closed.

greennepthea.jpg

I have a green one that I saved from another reefer months and months back, it has NEVER extended its branches much at all... polyps are tiny and compact... I know its a nepthea...

what is its deal?

I have tried all types of water movement from high to med to low to alternating

I have tried everywhere in the tank...

is it just a dwarf nepthea or what! haa

Re: Show me your ... Green Nepthea

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7542112#post7542112 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by reefnewbie54321

Heres some pictures I found in reefkeeping magazine,

untitledSM.jpg

What issue was this in? That's almost exactly how I want my tank to be and I'd like to know more about it.

GreenTreeCoral2007.jpg

Not sure if this is a Nepthea. It was sold to as green tree coral. I have had it for three months. Pic does not show its true beauty, exspecially under the actinics.

cwegescheide, I see you have a frag of the green, willing to trade or sell? Also I have read the green and pink varieities have been dyed. Do they retain their color or eventually fade back to a tan?

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9035546#post9035546 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by graveyardworm
Probably is.

Yeah, I went back and studied up a bit and I'm sticking with my original id. Sinularia it is! :)

Palau Neon Green Nepthea (Atlantis Aquarium captive grown) in front of (orange) Dendronepthea.
The green isn't that glowing in my tank, but I think it has to do with the color of my t-5s

IMG_3701copy.jpg

Back