Show me your ... Green Nepthea

reefnewbie54321

In Memoriam
The first time I ever saw this coral was a few days ago ... I didnt know that Nepthea comes in such cool colors.

Heres some pictures I found in reefkeeping magazine,

verdeSM.jpg

Resize-Wizard-70.jpg

untitledSM.jpg

Right20SideSM.jpg

Anyone have some in there tank? I havnt seen it in person so I'm not sure if its just the camera making it look so green. Hopefully some one who has it will share.

I have a nice colony and I promise you it is that neon green. Its amazing. I have been trying to get a good pic of it but, i can never get the colors to give the coral justice. I will try again once I get home tonight from work.

Mine is on the left side ill post a better pic later. One of my favorite corals
Check out me neon green toadstool too.

pets039.jpg

pets036.jpg

cb

WOW! I have been making the runs to all the LFS's and no one has it in stock ... I like to see things in person before I order something but after seeing those pictures I'm definitely going to.

CamBarr- Niiice toadstool ... is that a Nepthea frag behind the big one? What lighting is it under? Also where did you purchase it?

TitanFan- Cant wait to see some pictures. Where did you purchase yours?

Thank you both for responding ... I was beginning to think no one had any.

Under 20K MH's
P1010081.jpg

Neon Green Sarcophyton frag:
P6020001.jpg

Pulsing Sinuaria colony:
pulsing_sinularia7_030306.jpg

Three you don't see a lot of. The first Sinularia is the Palau Sinularia

;)

I have one that's almost identical to some of the first pics you posted reefnewbie. I'll be sure to take some pics when the lights are on tomorrow.

Very excited to see the pictures

This coral has just made me swap out my 65k MH's to 20k's and made me rework my aquascape to include a nepthea patch island in the right side of my tank simaler to what rbakers looks like.

I'm going to take care of my "future" green nepthea the same way I would any nepthea so I would say the same rules apply even if there colors are different. I could be wrong though ... I dont have one yet.

Back