Troy_sump.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 0
  • Sump.jpg
    Sump.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_9662R42_1007_small.jpg
    IMG_9662R42_1007_small.jpg
    3.8 KB · Views: 2
Is there any place that would make 120g one for not too much? Could be even bigger, I have about 60" in length and can fit 24x24 depth height.

Tank is here! :)

We will be putting orange high-gloss doors to match the walls :)

Attachments

• DSC_0095.jpg
    DSC_0095.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 0
Aquascaping

Aquascaping

Instead of Marco dry rocks, my wife and I have decided to get real reef rocks! We spent 2 hours at Living Reef getting our rocks and got a total of 35lbs! This tonga branches structure will house SPS frags. This should give them plenty of space to grow! :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 1
Instead of Marco dry rocks, my wife and I have decided to get real reef rocks! We spent 2 hours at Living Reef getting our rocks and got a total of 35lbs! This tonga branches structure will house SPS frags. This should give them plenty of space to grow! :)
Very cool. I can't wait to see it all come together.

A few changes:

A few changes:

Equipment List:

AQUARIUM- 75G, 60x24x12
STAND- Custom DIY 60x24x36
SUMP- Synergy 28x12x15
PROTEIN SKIMMER- Vertex Omega 150
ATO- Tunze Osmolator 3155
LIGHTS- ATI 48" 6x54W Dimmable Sunpower with 48" Reefbrite Blue LED
CONTROLLER- Neptune Apex
RETURN PUMP- Speedwave DC 3000 (790GPH)
TANK FLOW- 1x Ecotech MP40wes w/ Battery Backup & 1x Maxspect XF150
ROCKS- Minimalist Aquascape Real Reef Live Rock
SUBSTRATE- Barebottom
HEATING- 2x- 100W Eheim Jager
COOLING- ceiling fan (house stays at 72 deg)
DOSER- Kamoer 3 Channel Dosing Pump
REACTORS- None
CHEMICAL FILTRATION- BRS Rox GAC and High-cacacity GFO on mesh filter socks!
SALT MIX: Red Sea Regular

Just waiting on a huge BRS, PetSolutions, and PremiumAquatics orders to come in! Cant wait

Last edited:
We got one of these and one of the guys at our LFS (Living Reef Orlando) agreed to place it in one of their tanks (extremely clean and no signs of fish disease and coral bugs) to help seed it with beneficial bacteria. We'll leave it there for about a month.

Is this a smart idea?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 1
If their tank is clean it should be ok, however I do not see much benefit in doing this. Might as well place it in your tank from the start. Bacteria will get into your tank from the air and will colonize the rock just the same.

You may however benefit from various other things like sponges and possibly small pods that will get stuck to the rock in their tank. But these usually make it in your tank through frags, snails, etc. anyways.

It is good idea to add that marine pure media to your tank due to low volume of other rock, assuming that branch is the only piece.

Show us some pictures of it in the tank, will it just lay on the bottom or have some sort of legs here and there? Should be a nice clean look once SPS are growing on it :)

Wish these blocks were cheaper, would be nice to stack up bunch of them to make 8" wall instead of eggcrate that separates chaeto half from skimmer and pump. Would need like 12 8x8x4 blocks of it heh. Maybe later when I have spare $600 to waste :)

Back