Simple, Shallow, SPS Rimless Tank Build

won't harm anemones, cucs, clams, snails, inverts...just makes your skimmer go nutz. Always monitor you tank params during any treatment, but I have never had an issue...used it probably 6times.

Others recommend half dose. Your thoughts?

No need to dose chemiclean, thank goodness! Brushing the rocks almost every day, changing the filter socks every two days, and doing more water changes seem to be doing the trick! :)

Also, I've rearranged the aquascape a bit and it looks much better!

We only have 30 room for SPS frags and so far, these guys have made the cut:

1) SC Orange Passion
2) Tyree IceFire Echinata
3) ProCorals Superman Table
4) ProCorals Rainbow
5) Grafted Setosa
6) ASD Rainbow Milli
7) Battlecorals Campfire Milli
8) Vivid's Rainbow Delight
9) Battlecorals Skinny Love
10) Pink Lemonade
11) Aussie Strawberry Shortcake
12) LivingReef Strawberry Shortcake
13) ORA Red Planet
14) ORA Oregon Tort
15) ORA Pearlberry
16) Tyree Purple Dragon Eyes
17) Tyree Red Dragon
18) 30K Lokani
19) True Purple Monster
20) RR Pink Floyd

I have most of these right now and getting the rest next month! :)

No need to dose chemiclean, thank goodness! Brushing the rocks almost every day, changing the filter socks every two days, and doing more water changes seem to be doing the trick! :)

Also, I've rearranged the aquascape a bit and it looks much better!

We only have 30 room for SPS frags and so far, these guys have made the cut:

1) SC Orange Passion
2) Tyree IceFire Echinata
3) ProCorals Superman Table
4) ProCorals Rainbow
5) Grafted Setosa
6) ASD Rainbow Milli
7) Battlecorals Campfire Milli
8) Vivid's Rainbow Delight
9) Battlecorals Skinny Love
10) Pink Lemonade
11) Aussie Strawberry Shortcake
12) LivingReef Strawberry Shortcake
13) ORA Red Planet
14) ORA Oregon Tort
15) ORA Pearlberry
16) Tyree Purple Dragon Eyes
17) Tyree Red Dragon
18) 30K Lokani
19) True Purple Monster
20) RR Pink Floyd

I have most of these right now and getting the rest next month! :)
By getting all these corals so fast and filling the tank so quickly do you think you will have trouble staying interested in the tank without adding anything new? I find I can only go a few months before I have the itch to buy something else. :)

By getting all these corals so fast and filling the tank so quickly do you think you will have trouble staying interested in the tank without adding anything new? I find I can only go a few months before I have the itch to buy something else. :)

More reason to upgrade right?! Lol

Actually, watching frags get into colonies (this is why I buy frags! :)) and sharing them with fellow reefers keep me highly motivated! :)

I could only put six 3oz peecups in my carry on luggage, so these guys made the cut:

1) Tyree Purple Monster
2) WetThumbFrags Tierra del Fuego
3) AquaSD Rainbow Milli
4) ReefRaft Pink Floyd
5) SteezySPS Pink Fury
6) RMF Red Devil Nasuta

Tyree Purple Monster coming from this colony!

Attachments

• IMG_9945.jpg
    IMG_9945.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 0
Tierra del fuego and ASD rainbow milli frags.

My buddy is also shipping me a small 5"x3" colony of the ASD rainbow milli, huge red dragon, and huge tyree purple dragon eyes colony in a few weeks that I'm going to share with experienced reefers! These pics will be up soon!

Attachments

• IMG_6108.jpg
    IMG_6108.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 0
Getting my RMF red devil Nasuta from this colony! This belongs to my buddy spsaddict in R 2 R. If.you have an account there, check out his thread.

Attachments

• IMG_9242_zps74nwiagd.jpg
    IMG_9242_zps74nwiagd.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 0
I'll post actual frags of the pink fury, red devil Nasuta, and the pink Floyd tomorrow when I pick up the corals!

If you're looking for high-end but affordable, pest-free, large frags, and nice color acros.hit up spsaddict on R 2 R! !

Those look amazing. If the price is right I would definitely be interested in a frag of the ASD Rainbow mille and tyree purple dragon eyes. :)

I wouldn't lose a whole lot of sleep worrying about your ph sweep... You can flatten it out a little by doing your dosing starting at the time when you start to see the ph dip on your Apex. Also use this graph to figure out when to light up the fuge.

I have a similar drop in ph at night even running an opposite photoperiod on the fuge lighting... I run my doser starting at the time my ph drop begins.

Once you have your GHA under control, you will see this level off even more. When the lights go out, the GHA is buffering your ph.

Back