snowflake not eating well

Kengaroo131

Fish Crazy
i got my snowflake about a week ago (maby a little longer) and he hasent ate much since. he only ate one piece of prawn the third day and efter that he dosent seem interasted in food. i'v tried krill silverside and prawn any suggestions?

Have you tried soaking it in garlic? That usually sparks some kind of interest in food as well as providing good nutrition. Hope everything turns out ok.

What I do is pour a little Garlic Guard in a small bowl and soak the desired food in that bowl for about 30 minutes to an hour, then feed.

Not sure, never heard of anyone doing that. Probably should ask someone like billsreef. And yes, they are super attracted to it.

If you've only had the eel a week and it's eaten 3 days into that, I wouldn't worry too much yet. Eels are best fed every few days or so, not every day, so going a few days to a week or two is not a problem for them. With the snowflakes being primarily crustacean eaters I would go with feeding them mostly krill and prawn with only the occasional silverside. Make up a feeding a stick and skewer the food on the end of the feeding stick, than wave that in front of the eels face every couple of days. I bet it won't be long before it eats. Never had one take more than a week to start eating, and maybe another two weeks to learn to respond quickly to the food offering. The garlic might help, and juice from fresh squeezed is fine, though I've never had a snowflake be enough of a slouch to use garlic for them.

hmm ok well you'v both helped alot. i will try tonight again its been about 4 days so who knows thanks again guys!

Back