So I went on vacation............

rafajara1985

4 days in Cali. I stupidly turned off the AC in my house and I come home to 3 tanks full of dead stuff. Not sure what I'm going to do right now.

Vacations make me nervous. I have a checklist of things to do before I leave to make sure things go well and I have someone stop by the house every day.

The only thing you can do is clean up and start again. I am sorry for your losses.

Finally gave me an excuse to make the wavefront into a reef. What really ****es me off is that I had about $1000 in LPS and its all gone. Oh well. You will be seeing a wanted thread soon.

That sucks! I woke up this morning to my AC broken in my house. May be moving coral in a hurry tonight if it isn't fixed.

Perhaps what you should really be upset about is that your neglegence caused the deaths of living beings.

Finally gave me an excuse to make the wavefront into a reef. What really ****es me off is that I had about $1000 in LPS and its all gone. Oh well. You will be seeing a wanted thread soon.

Perhaps what you should really be upset about is that your neglegence caused the deaths of living beings.

That's harsh... Really you don't think he's upset about that without you pointing it out on his thread? :rolleye1: It's spelled negligence btw.

We all make bone headed mistakes, some more than others but nobody is immune to them. It is a shame, but no reason to make him feel worse about it.

Good Luck with the rebuild.

when I first read what he said:

"Finally gave me an excuse to make the wavefront into a reef. What really ****es me off is that I had about $1000 in LPS and its all gone. Oh well. You will be seeing a wanted thread soon."

I felt the same as what Frizz wrote. It just sounded like he was more upset that he lost money than actually feeling bad for the dead livestock. well, he has the right to and
Im sure he didnt mean what it sounded like.
Most of us know Frizz is a animal lover and she is probably more upset of the situation than most people...

I'm an animal lover. I probably have more pets than most folks on here, but I just wouldn't kick someone when they're down like that.

Last edited:
There is a big difference between something perishing, and killing. In this case the only reason stuff died was because it was killed. Which is why Frizz is upset.

I'm sure he didn't chuckle and say hah ,this weekend you die corals...
It was a bad move on his part leaving the ac off for three days ,why he would do that is a mystery to me.
In before someone calls him a murderer.:spin2:

It was 8PM and we were just leaving for our 7 hour drive so we were a little rushed and didn't think about the tanks overheating because the only trips we have taken have been in the winter. Usually the tank heaters take care of that, and yes, we also turn off the heat in the house when we leave and never had a problem.

The $1000 thing was to give an idea of how much stuff died. And my funds aren't everlasting so it did kill me to think that I flushed that much down the toilet last night, as it would with anyone else.

Anyone else with negative comments can stay out of my thread.

Back