So it is official, I'm moving to Florida

What school might i ask. Im moving down in august to go to Nova for the medical school program. I know what you mean about thinking "why am in still in ohio" after being down there.

Good Luck Nate! Don't be a stranger. Are you going to set a tank up there? If not, I can't really blame you.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14546268#post14546268 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by mb167204
What school might i ask. Im moving down in august to go to Nova for the medical school program. I know what you mean about thinking "why am in still in ohio" after being down there.

I'm going down to Nova too. We'll be in the same building. You'll know when you see me, I'll be that 6'7" guy walking down the halls either in scrubs or a tie and slacks. :D

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14546976#post14546976 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by szwab
Good Luck Nate! Don't be a stranger. Are you going to set a tank up there? If not, I can't really blame you.

No my tank will be gone for the next few years as I get started with life. I figure I can learn SCUBA down there and get my fix. Also, my second year is filled with rotations and I my goal is to travel across the US and work in some of the best hospitals to learn techniques.

Hllywd, I will check out north of Ft L. One thing I need to consider is there is a good chance I will be working in Miami for a few days out of the week at the local hospitals.

Last edited:
If the heavens allign in which you need to end up in Cleveland...I have a referral contact in the Fellowship Program for UH of Cleveland. Just PM if that end's up being a required bend in the road.

What Fellowship Program? Is that for Medical school? One of my friends is up at UH for the AA program. He was the one that actually stumbled across it and chose to do it over medical school. And now I've put a hold on my PhD to pursue this career. All I can say is that it is pretty sweet once you get over being termed a nurse instead of a doctor.

Nate, Congrats!!!!

I worked with a teacher who works in the Tampa area. Her and I were part of Brian Plankis invert breeding program. We tried to have our students grow a few different corals verses temp (had too many troubles being seperated for it to work as well as it should)

Anyway she is a great person and eager I think she still has reef tanks in her class like me. If you end up there pm me and I will give you her contact info. Its always great to have someone to share the hobby with. Plus of course stay in touch with all of us here in the ice belt

best of luck
Briney

Briney, I'll let you know if I go with Tampa. It's a hard decision.

mb167204, I went to Ohio State for undergrad and graduate school. I probably should have gone to another school but I came here in undergrad because of the research and stayed b/c of it.

Back