so whats the scoop on the frozen fish feeder?

It works :) but I can't really say when it will be ready or how much it will cost. Still have some refinements to make before a production version is ready.

Great news still, will this be a feeder that can feed more than once a day or is it a single type feeder? Couldnt see much from the video except for a lot of happy fish lol

I am very, very interested in such a product. Updates would be much appreciated.

I would love to have something like this also. I have held off on fish like anthias due to not being able to stay around and feed them all day.

I feed my trio or Bartlett's once a day or so and they are fine. Which Antias specifically are you guys talking about that require 10x/day feedings?

I feed my Lyretail Anthias 5 times a day, 4 times with flakes and pellets and once with frozen foods. I would like to switch it to 4 times a day with frozen and once with flakes/pellets.

I feed my Lyretail Anthias 5 times a day, 4 times with flakes and pellets and once with frozen foods. I would like to switch it to 4 times a day with frozen and once with flakes/pellets.

They get far more nutrition from quality flakes then they'd get from most frozen food but that's not the topic here.

However, I too am interested in the feeder so that I can "dose" frozen cyclopeeze multiple times a day.

its quite simple, you wouldn't do well if you ate filet mignon all the time. No matter how good it is.

Frozen food might have ton of protein but that is about it.

Quality flakes are like a very nicely balanced diet.

What do you consider "quality flakes"?

Flake food is processed and contains very little nutrition in relation to weight, (of the food). It also contains a lot of preservatives which include phosphates.

Whole fresh foods are best to feed marine fish, with a varied diet.

My fish will eat flake food and pellets, but I rarely feed it to them.

None that we can share. It is a very active project but we can't really discuss anything else at this time. We may have something more to say at MACNA though........

None that we can share. It is a very active project but we can't really discuss anything else at this time. We may have something more to say at MACNA though........

It appears you've said something already just by hinting at MACNA news. I really hope this product hits the market and I am actually able to get ahold of one. Hopefully this time without any official news was used to help gather the parts/supply of a bunch of these units so when the masses come knocking their is plenty to go around.

Back