so whats the scoop on the frozen fish feeder?

The unit will be self cleaning, self portioning based on user input, etc, etc, etc. The unit will be able to accept home made or prepared foods equally, it will not be a proprietary system. Cooling is definitely easier than freezing, we really want to use solid state chilling instead of a compressor for the size/cost factors but the temp differential of frozen to shoved under someones reef tank is pretty large, the massive amounts of ambient humidity don't help either.

So what are you all willing to pay for a self contained automatic frozen food feeder that doses precision amounts of food as many times a day as you like, integrates with aquarium controllers, self cleans all the lines after every food dose, notifies you when you need to add more food, and looks good and is easy to maintain? Anything can be built, not everything can be built at a certain price point.

If you make it, I will buy it.

I am in the beginning stages of a DIY Refrigerator auto fish feeder. After running some loose numbers....mini frig, doser, plumbing, etc....$500 is a realistic number.

I think if your system can do refrigerated and frozen foods....than that is where the advantage lies. Yes...it needs to be self cleaning, somewhat compact, reliable, and have the ability to dose multiple types of foods. Keep us posted.....good luck!!

I know I'm late to this game, but...

I'd go $500-$1,000, depending on capacity, method of delivery, what type of external equipment needs to be purchased (like pumps to mount it in a remote location, plumbing, etc.) so on....

It makes the tank essentially go on autopilot; and for me that's easily worth the $1k investment.

-Andy

Can we maybe get this thing crowd funded? I would happily put my money down ahead of time to get a place in line up front and help get this product as a priority to get out the door.

Also, I am willing to make a down-payment on a feeder if that will be able to help get the ball rolling.

So; are there any updates?

Just came back from a week's vacation to find chaos. Not exactly sure what/when happened, but it ain't pretty...

Wishing that feeder was available right about now...

-Andy

I would love to get an update, maybe even a beta unit invite if someone at Avast deems me so worthy a consumer to do so :-D

At this point, I'm seriously looking at doing an Elliot-style Franken Feeder.

Google it.

Updates?

Updates?

Any updates from the Avast folks?

If the project is n hold due to the need to produce what you've already got, or didn't work out (It's me, not you, dear...), or whatever. I wasn't expecting a quick turnaround, just looking for some sort of progress.

I really want to give you gobs more money than I already have. :)

-Andy

I'd like to be a bata tester for this product on my 500 gallon system
As all I feed my fish is frozen foods

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 1
I know this is a real long shot, but any updates? Some of the stated goals are now being met by other products on the market. The DOS and GHL dosers can run in reverse to clear the dosing lines, there are magnetic stirs for mixing fluids before dosing, GHL can calculate the amount of fluids dosed, so if a user could input that data, you could figure out when to "top off or replace", and people are using off the shelf wine coolers for cooling. If you can create a cohesive unit that incorporates the above, I bet there would be a lot of people willing to spend the money.

As for the price, it would come down to the total value the feeder provides. Can I use my own containers or do I need to use a supplied one? Can I add multiple types of food/containers? How does it look? What is the overall size and footprint in my stand (cables, plugs, etc)? Depending on those factors, I'd be willing to spend anywhere from $250 - $1,000+.

So will you please take my money already?!

Back