SoCal Area Marine Hobbyist Clubs

This forum is not longer a "club" forum. If you are interested in a Southern California marine hobbyist club in your area, check:

-Marine Aquarium Society of Ventura County (http://www.masvc.com/) for Ventura County,

-The Marine Aquarium Society of Los Angeles County (www.maslac.org) for Los Angeles and areas north,

-The Southern California Marine Aquarium Society (www.scmas.org) for southern Los Angeles County and Orange County, and

-The San Diego Marine Aquarium Society (www.sdmas.com) for the San Diego area.
seems outdated
-North County Reef and Marine Aquarium Society of San Diego (www.NCRMAS.com)

-Inland Empire club (http://www.inlandreefs.net/) for the Riverside, San Bernadino, Temecula area.

-San Fernando Valley Reefers (SFVR) (www.SFVR.org) for the San Fernando Valley.

-Southern California Reef Keepers www.scrk.org

Kevin

That post above is old.

The Los Angeles Reef Society is now around meeting on the second sunday of the month. www.LAreefsociety.org

the old MASLAC is no more. SFVR changed their name to maslac. which still meets in the san fernando valley.
Website?

-The Southern California Marine Aquarium Society meets 3rd fridays of the month
www.scmas.org

-Southern California Reef Keepers meets third sundays of every month
www.scrk.org

-Inland Empire club for the Riverside, San Bernadino, Temecula area meets 1st friday of every month.
website??

Any clubs in the High Desert?

There were talks about starting a high desert club. But really don't know what happened.
The only one that is the closest it the IEMAS they hold there meetings in Ontario on the first Friday. Check there Facebook for the next meeting info.

Just checked on the MASVC website. It appears to be down. Hope the club is OK.

The web site may be running but no activity and the club hasn't had a meeting in over a year.

Not sure what Corey is doing now days. Or even did with the club stuff.

I am new to the hobby and have a tank in the middle of a cycle, 13 days to be exact. I would love to be a part of a club in my area in located in Wildomar, but when I go to the link for the Inland Empire club it takes me to a page that has nothing to do with reefing. I could use some solid help getting the tank up and running smoothly. Is there a new link?

I am very close to you, just off La Palma east of brookhurst. SCMAS.ORG meets in Santa Ana the 3rd friday of each month except December. Meeting are free to attend. SCRK is also close by meeting in long beach one Sunday a month.

SCMAS is defiantly not gone! Why would you say that? The club is in fact very active, having recently hosted another very successful Reef-A-Palooza in Ca for something like the 12 year in a row, in addition to RAP NY and RAP Florida. Plans are well under way for RAP in 2018 already. If your not aware RAP is the largest reef aquarium show in the world. The club also just had our annual Christmas dinner. The club meets the third Friday of every month, except December and when it conflicts with RAP Ca. The January meeting is a hobbyist only frag and equipment swap which is usually packed. SCMAS meets at the IHOP on 17st in Santa Ana just off the 5 Frey at 7pm. Our meetings are open to everyone.

Back