Some random pics of my 12g nano

Thanks! He's hilarious - he spends most of his time nose-down, staring, absolutely captivated by the live rock. Very cute!

more pics please? btw get id of that hair shroom (oddly shaped tentacles) he will eat your fish (or he did that to me and I am just trying to help a fellow reefkeepr out) looks awsome

Yipes!

I thought it *might*, but wasn't too concerned as it closed very slowly.

I've snipped it down in size for now (It got too big for my feather duster, and I fear the duster's pretty upset about it), but will probably frag them into 4 each, and sell them off at the LFS once their grown out. Thanks for the heads up.

UPDATE...

Well, I've always said I don't trust crabs.... especially in a nano... but I broke down and got a hermit. No idea what kind he is (we only get pacific specimens here), but I'm watching him like a hawk for any damage...

hermit1_001.sized.jpg

I also got this leather / tree coral. I believe it is capnella (or possibly cladelia). At least I hope it is, and not Nepthea. I suppose time will tell. (Can anyone firmly ID for me?)

cladelia1.sized.jpg

But what's the biggest change?

I've started adding ozone:

ozone1.sized.jpg

With the UV and regular carbon use before, I thought the water was clear... but I was wrong! NOW it is clear! Here is a look *lengthways* through my 55 gallon, out the other side, across a 30cm gap, and into the nano, where you can see the capnella. It was difficult to focus, but in real life, you can't really see the water... it is invisible! The small things are little bubbles.

long2.sized.jpg

long1.sized.jpg

Well, this is becoming a bit like my own personal photo album.... but never mind, here are some more pics I took today. Hope you like them!

salmon1.sized.jpg

redshroom.sized.jpg

shroom2.sized.jpg

Here you can see new growth on the clam... she's grown these scutes over the last month. Hmmmm...... you can also see the bit of glass that I can't get to to clean :eek2:

clam1.sized.jpg

Thanks for the nice comments!

It's not that clean.. I just avoid shooting pics of the algae ;-)

There's an in-depth thread about ozone in the SPS forum... do a search for it.... in short, ozone is a O3, a powerful oxidizer that you can inject into your skimmer to increase production, and oxidise waste. It also makes the water crystal clear, and raises the ORP, or "reactivity", if you like, of the water.

john, still looking great! Did your puffer put on that lipstick just for RC? You need to tell her nothing competes w/natural beauty;)

I just got my 1st dendros! Do you have any updated pics of yours? I'm wondering if you know where yours came from, & how the new growth is coming along.

Yeah, she's just fishing for compliments (groan). Sordid little fish.

I don't have update pics of the dendro at the moment... after a slight aquascaping change, the "evil rhodactis" actually crept up and was touching the dendro during the day. By the time I got home in the evenings, I didn't notice.

I finally figured out what the "burn mark" was on the side of the dendro colony, and promptly took scissors to the mushroom. Now I'm nursing the dendro back to health -- it'll take a few days. However, it hasn't grown in the 2 weeks since the last pics :-(

Jhong said:
Yeah, she's just fishing for compliments (groan). Sordid little fish.

hehe, FISHING for compliments! You're killin' me here!!

Way to teach that rhodactus who's boss.

Your full tank shot is great! What's that coral in the top middle, looks like a big finger leather or colt or something?

Back