some things to think about for CRC

Definately some really interesting things to think about. I have yet to make a meeting yet so I feel my opinion is pretty limited but regardless some good things to think about.

Yes, good discussion there. One thing I did pick up on was the financial part. Mostly 1) we need to get incorp and non-profit status - (in progress). Until then, we're in a fuzzy area. 2) at that point, or earlier, we can ratifiy an amendment to the bylaws that specify how the club funds shall be dispersed and by what authorization.

As far as RRO (roberts rules), I am for leaving them stand as an ultimate, as-needed format for fair discussion and arbitration. But for day to day dealings and for that matter, nearly all dealings, they are not needed. I've been in a meeting with over 300 delegates and RRO was by far the only method of producing a formal and sane outcome for a potentially emotional topic.

In order to become a non-profit the club must be incorp. But due to the non-profit status we qualify for low cost fees. Further, under law as we understand it, one must be a non-profit in order to legally have an items raffle.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11363739#post11363739 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by kinghokus420
something else we should look into.

http://www.masna.org/application.php

Josh,

I saw this idea tossed around on the MARS forum and basically it was determined that when people pay to be MARS members they want their funds to go to support MARS. Should anyone wish to suport MASNA, they can support MASNA individually. I think with what I'm sensing about the economy right now, especially the lower fiscal spending during this usually absent-minded seasonal spending that occurs during the holidays.

With the club being so small, 1) it would draw that much more from each of the few contributing members available dues to the club, and 2) that $50 could go to things much more pertinant now for the club.

I'm not saying no, but passing on the discussion from a fellow club which I observed. That being said, I do think MASNA can do good things and it wouldn't hurt us to have that association. Nonetheless, I've put forth a starter discussion about this.

Further, I would really like to get legit with the whole fiscal side of the house (i.e. non-profit status) before we do too many outside dealings. Again, just my cautious lifestyle coming out. :p

Back