Sonny's Rimless Shallow Reef.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sonny would you mind sharing the dimensions of your photo box? Is that it in the picture with the frag tank stuff? Mine is about 8" square. What do you do to keep the camera from scratching the acrylic?

amazing thread sonny!!! your tank is unreal! your vodka write up is very inforitive and plan on doing this with my new 72g build

Very nice as always Sonny. Love the new toys too! Please share your experiences with the Hanna, I'm also considering ordering one :)
Ow, and I'm doing 12x39 Watt T5 +LED after all. Thanks for the advice!

Leonardo

I really don't know what to say. "Sunny you are the king". You are heading the way in reefkeeping. What a beautiful mix of corals. My hat comes off to you my fishy friend. :eek1::eek2:

So so beautiful!!!!

Thanks! :D
my dog jus ran by me and slipped in my puddle of drool!!

:lmao::lmao: I hope your dog is ok. :p

Sonny would you mind sharing the dimensions of your photo box? Is that it in the picture with the frag tank stuff? Mine is about 8" square. What do you do to keep the camera from scratching the acrylic?

Yes, the box is in the picture with the frag tank stuff. The box fits my Nikon D50 SLR perfectly. The box is made in a way that my lens can not touch the viewing pane. As soon as I get a chance I will take some measurements, but it is slightly larger then my camera.

Here is the link to the Photobox: http://www.aquariumspecialty.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=115_222&products_id=1144

amazing thread sonny!!! your tank is unreal! your vodka write up is very inforitive and plan on doing this with my new 72g build

Thanks! If you need any help with vodka just let me know.

Very nice as always Sonny. Love the new toys too! Please share your experiences with the Hanna, I'm also considering ordering one :)
Ow, and I'm doing 12x39 Watt T5 +LED after all. Thanks for the advice!

Leonardo

Congrats again on the move to T5's! :thumbsup: What LED's did you end up using? I have been looking to order the PAR38's but am afraid that would be too much light on my tank.

I like the new Hanna meter. I do wish that Reagents were easier to add to the water sample. I ran three tests and all three came back with a 0.00 reading on PO3. :hmm2: With that reading I am now thinking that I will need to feed my fish a little more.

I took a bunch of pictures of the unit and will be posting up a review soon on my blog.

I really don't know what to say. "Sunny you are the king". You are heading the way in reefkeeping. What a beautiful mix of corals. My hat comes off to you my fishy friend. :eek1::eek2:

Thank you. Although I don't think I am anywhere near the "king". :jester:

Thank you!

Thats what happens when you run out of room for more sps :p

I think it has more to do with me getting bored with the system and wanting to try something new. I am really contemplating starting this tank over. There is nothing funner then setting up a new tank. :idea:

Great pics Sunny, tank looks amazing as usual!~

Very curious to read your input of the Hanna meter on your blog. I have one on order that should be here... "today", can't wait to try it out!~ I'll have to see what kind of readings I get with it... not sure if it'll be zero like you as I'm battling GHA currently. :rolleye1:

I'm curious about one thing if you can answer before posting your review on the blog, were you able to use just one cuvet for your samples or did you have to use the first one to zero it and then the second to read before it times out? I read somewhere recently this was an issue???

Thanks!~

Great pics Sunny, tank looks amazing as usual!~

Very curious to read your input of the Hanna meter on your blog. I have one on order that should be here... "today", can't wait to try it out!~ I'll have to see what kind of readings I get with it... not sure if it'll be zero like you as I'm battling GHA currently. :rolleye1:

I'm curious about one thing if you can answer before posting your review on the blog, were you able to use just one cuvet for your samples or did you have to use the first one to zero it and then the second to read before it times out? I read somewhere recently this was an issue???

Thanks!~

Hello and thank you. :D

I had a hard time when I did my first test on the unit but then I figured out the problem. It all boiled down to me holding down a button to activate the 3 minute countdown. Once the countdown was complete I placed the vial back in the machine and got the reading. If you have any issues let me know.

SONNY

What's the difference between this Hannah PO4 meter and the big, honking Hannah meter that I have?

The big one is supposed to be more accurate. My friend has the larger version and I will be taking a sample of water over to him to see what difference in measurements.

The big one is supposed to be more accurate. My friend has the larger version and I will be taking a sample of water over to him to see what difference in measurements.

So, what is the draw to the smaller one?
Quicker (shorter) testing times?
Pricepoint?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back