Sorry about the MTG

boviac

Loves Tank Builds
First off, thanks for everyone who came to the January meeting! :D

We had an amazing Raffle solely from LFS donations and member donations. Amazing - like I said at the meeting - this is by far the best number of raffle items we've had. Congratulations to all that were able to take something extra home. ;)

I promised a few people I would provide the web addresses to some of the things I mentioned:

Auto-Top-Off Kit: www.aquahub.com

Head Loss Calc & Article: http://www.advancedaquarist.com/2007/5/aafeature2

However, my apologies for the meeting last night. :( The noise level due to the extra parties in the room made it rather obnoxious in my humble opinion (IMHO). :(

I did speak with the manager before the meeting as I foresaw this dilemma. In the future, he said he would provide us the entire middle room as long as their business isn't projected to exceed that requirement.

That being said, please keep an eye out for another venue that may work for us. Right now, I would like to point out Round Table is Free - but we pay for it in our food/beverage purchases. But any place else that charges us may require us to have insurance and we're just not yet ready to go to that level. So keep that in mind. Someone, forgive me as I don’t know who, is investigating the option of using the Chico Library off 1st Ave but there we would have to bring and cleanup our own food.

Next meeting, Feb 9, 7pm will be up at:
Paradise Round Table.
6038 Clark Rd # B
Paradise, CA 95969

There, they won’t reserve the room for us on Fridays â€"œ too busy. So if anyone wants to get there early and scare people away ;) great! :D

What about the other Round Tables in Chico? The Almond Orchard is the only one with a room with windows and two doors like that... maybe one of the other ones would be a better location? I know they both have conference type rooms! Just a thought!

Sure, that one's a newer location for them and may yet not be as busy. (Wishful thinking - yes.) I'll try to look into it.

Thanks!

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11590150#post11590150 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by boviac
Sure, that one's a newer location for them and may yet not be as busy. (Wishful thinking - yes.) I'll try to look into it.

Thanks!

There's the one on Mangrove too, which actually as a little bit of a larger room than the one on Forest (I believe). I'm trying to brainstorm other kid friendly places we could consider.

Those are good things to look at, I think the biggest thing is being consistent as far as location goes. This will be hard until we can find a steady spot but it definitely will lead to a lot less headaches if we can find a steady place.

The thing about the library is that it won't be very kid friendly. Other than that, I think it would be a great place too! Cost and liability pending of course.

Well their are plenty of things to keep kids busy it would just be a matter of having someone to supervise them. Assuming they would be allowed in the regular library area with supervision of course.

im sure they have a dvd player that we could use for a kids movie, if not i can plug in my ipod so they can all stare at a 2" screen.lol. or a table to put some coloring books, girls are easy to entertain.

We have a portable DVD player and a 10 year old for supervision. She seems to be pretty friendly with all the kids.

Just another option.

Chico Library Hours
Monday 9 am - 8 pm
Tuesday 9 am - 8 pm
Wednesday 9 am - 8 pm
Thursday 9 am - 8 pm
Friday 9 am - 6 pm
Saturday 9 am - 6 pm
Sunday 12 noon - 5 pm

Looks like they're closed and gone by the time of our generally 7pm meeting on Fridays. As someone who is in desperate need of cash flow, Yeah I'm all for saving the quarters.

The Chico Mall has a "Community Room"... I'm not sure if there is a rental fee for it or anything, but that could be an option to consider. It's in the food court area, and has a little arcade by it...

Ohhh.. Good suggestion! Pleanty of parking - lots of run room, and games - still a large venue to lose cash:strooper: ... very worth investigating. But if there's one thing I've heard via people who've worked at the mall is that the mall is all about da benjamin's! :eek2: :eek1:

A further but relavent thing is it has been suggested on several fronts now.

One way we can have great exposure for the club as well as provide benefit to the community is set up a tank somewhere with high visibility (like the mall) that we collectively maintain and supply.

The best suggestion I've heard is to take the most efficent and cost saving ways to run an reef aquarium (this can be a work-in-progress) and take all livestock from local tanks (i.e. sustainably grown and collected). This way we can demonstrate how relatively easy, sustainable, and cost effective such a wonderful hobby can be.

The problem I can see in the general public is keeping hands and other foreign material out when we are not there (and for chatty people when they are ;) ).

Just some ideas to kick around for now. But maybe something the club could get together and set some goals to complete.

:D

Hi All :)

Happy New Year!!

Just for information...
I will be in the area next weekend.

If anyone has questions, please drop me an email :D

Thanks
Frank

Yeah I talked with Frank at the Deep in Redding last year. He would have to take the day off, drive all the way up from SoCal and be fresh enough to provide a kick buht presentation. Not something at this point he's willing to do.

One thing I think is interesting with all the talk on the CRC forum about raffles is click on Frank's Red House. On the lower left is a link to Reef Club Raffles. I think our PR guy should check this out.

:D Jason, where are you?

Back