Stockman Standpipe--New, Easier Design

Nice site there, they dont let you order anything less then $20, lol. Add the Standpipe to your cart and checkout, it wont let you displaying a message of you must spend $20 to checkout. I should probably just build one, but found that humorous.

ken your site on road runner is gone, is there anywhere with good build in progress photos and parts list for your most current version of the stockman standpipe?

Stockman stand advice

Stockman stand advice

Just installed an eshopps 300 gph overflow on my non drilled tank. Going to make a standpipe. It has 1inch bulkhead. Should I make a 1inch or 1.25 stand pipe. Also, on the bushing covering the holes how much oversize should I go vs pipe diameter? For example. 1inch to 1.75? Or if other, 1.25 to 2? Advice would be much appreciated. Thank you. Using old design. :debi:

I guess I just don't understand why people still have Dursos and Stockmans(no offense intended of course)...I messed around with them for a couple years... if you want quiet just build a Herbie, you'll never go back.

You are talking about making a stockman "more quiet" when the Herbie is absolutely silent from the beginning. I'm talking ZERO water noise... Especially if you have a large tank. The only thing you hear with my 300g is the skimmer pump. That's it. The sump looks like standing water when it's really 1800gph.

I'm sure you guys have your reasons for messing with air like you do but I prefer to just take it out of the equation. Air = noise. *shrugs* Full siphon takes care of that in a hurry.

Last edited:
Back