Sump design. Installing a UV and reactors

raynanan

Hi, My name is Ray. I have been a member for many years and gave a up the hobby a while back and I am only just getting back into it.

I am trying to design my sump to run a TMC 600 UV steriliser. This is a picture of my sump. I currently have 2 reactors with pumps that I plan to get rid and get two non pump reactors. There is partition between the reactor chamber and return.

My return pump is 6000ltr so is to powerful to put my UV inline with it. Do you think it make sense to put a smaller pump to run the UV and and to run a manifold to the reactors? help please? Where should I place the smaller pump?

My UV is rated for roughly 1500 LPH so I was thinking of getting a 2000 lph pump

lx0LLZr.jpg

Hi, Thanks for the reply. Not a bad idea but I really wanted to UV the cleanest part of the flow or at least past the socks. I am of thinking of putting the smaller 2000 lph pump in the refugium area and letting it dump in either the reactor chamber or the return pump chamber.

Hi, Thanks for the reply. Not a bad idea but I really wanted to UV the cleanest part of the flow or at least past the socks. I am of thinking of putting the smaller 2000 lph pump in the refugium area with the UV connected and letting it dump in either the reactor chamber or the return pump chamber.

Back