Tamarin Wrasse Primer.

to get the SG correct you will need to drip for a couple of hours IMO. you can put a container in your sump and drip into it to keep you temperature correct .

Some pics of my Anampses femininus with a few tankmates. I've had her for about 2 years, and she gets along well with (= ignores) her mates.

AF%20interrupta2%20sm%20copy.jpg

AF&marginalis6%20sm%20copy.jpg

earlei,%20femininus5%20sm%20copy.jpg

femininus,%20flame,%20carmabi%20sm%20copy.jpg

earlei,%20interrupta,%20femininus%20sm%20copy.jpg

AF,%20goby,%20LNhawk%20sm%20copy.jpg

Ken

It really looks nice
I tried 2 but thy never maid it past quarantine

how do you tell the difference between feminius and lennardi? These are being sold as lennardi juvi's over here. If it is a feminius does that mean I can get a lennardi in the tank without them fighting or are they too similar?

i know what they both loook like, I just cant seem to find any information on whether the femininus has a black juvi colouration similar to that of the lennardi.

femi does not have a black coloration stage similar to the lennardi even at the up to 3" level. I understand from one of my sources in Melanesia that they believe young femis are somewhat of a slightly iridescent blue at the juvi stage, but are showing the orange at the head at the 3" size thereabouts.

Maybe some of you remember the anampses neoguinaicus I bought in december 2010. We are now almost 1,5 years later.

I got her like this
anampses1.jpg

And now she looks like this

DSCN4054.jpg

DSCN4053.jpg

She is my favorite fish, I have two atm but the other one doesn't like the camera.

Hello, its been a little while and I'd like to get my final tamarin wrasse. Anampses caeruleopunctatus. I tried one once before but was unsuccessfull. I think it could be put down to inexperience. I have the following wrasse atm in my 6x2x2, I'm after some oppinions as to whether I will run into trouble with this addition. All wrasse I have are eating NLS marine pellets from an auto doser and are quite fat and healthy. I think this has helped with the addition of new wrasse as they see the others eating it and just copy it.

Macropharyngodon kuiteri
Macropharyngodon ornatus
Anampses lennardi
Anampses neoguinaicus
Paracheilinus filamentosus
Halichoeres melanurus
Halichoeres chrysus

coin toss for sure , are any of the current fish males and showing any aggression towards the others ?
honestly i think you should bag up the lennardi and send him to me ,lol. wish i could find one or two .
i think you could be fine but it could get fun if you already have any dominant males already established . if so i would reshape some of the tank rockwork and possibly use an acclimation box so you can see how they react .it will be an awesome tank and i think you have plenty of room . i would go for it myself .

there arent any dominant males, I passed on a nice Anampses neoguinaicus male to go with the female as I had a premonition that I'd be wanting more of them lol and males seem to be pricks.. I'm looking for more lennardi's but they havent come through the wholesalers in 6+ months. Last I heard the collector who flooded the local market had his wife become ill.

yes i messed up last year when route 66 had a few and WWC also had one at a great price but he had him in a BB tank for a few weeks and i just didnt want to take the chance on a stressed out fish . next time i will pull the trigger on the first glimpse of them being available from route 66
.''''''so if you have no dominant males i would go for it ,like i already stated the tank is certainly large enough for that many wrasses to have their spaces . good luck

now its just the long wait for one to come in. Most blue spot wrasse(Anampses caeruleopunctatus) as they are known come in as Dusky Wrasse (Halichoeres annularis). So I will contact all the LFS in the area to make sure if one does come in I know about it. thats for the help dave.

Back