Tamarin Wrasse Primer.

I ordered another 40lbs of sand and am building up the sandbed to a solid 2" above the eggcrate. It's not sharp except at the back and I don't think there is anyway a fish could get between the glass and the eggcrate to cause problems. Hopefully that assumption holds true. I'll be adding the sand slowly over the next two weeks or so...just a little at a time using a funnel and a tube.

My LFS is still on the lookout for the tamarins and I'm constantly checking online stores for them.

I really want some!

Last time I saw some tamarins for sale it was at Bluezoo in the not reef safe wrasses section. I love this thread, how bout some updates guys.

i just happened to be browsing one of my lfs and stumbled upon a yellow tale tamarin so i bagged it up & is now in my display so far so good was out swimming around right away

here is a fast picture that i took

Attachments

• ze nikon 700 copy.jpg
    ze nikon 700 copy.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 1
Picked up a yellowtail on Dec. 23rd from a LFS.....drip acclimated and straight to the tank....was picking at the rocks within 10 minutes.....started eating Ocean Nutrition Formula One pellets the last 2 days. Will take the flake into its mouth, but then spits it right back out.

tamarin.jpg

Update on mine, no new pics though....this has been a great fish for me, eats anything and everything I put in the tank...model citizen(ignores all of the other fish and just scans the rocks all day)...recently added a Melanurus and a Dusky to the tank(125g) and they all get along fine and eat anything I put in.

10 months and going strong, not really doing anything special, just think I got really lucky with a good specimen. Looking to possibly add a leopard of some sort down the road.

picked up a male and female red tail about 2 months ago, the male was much larger then the female, both were very shy at first, both went in my 45 cube tank because it was easier to monitor them, I have a christmas wrasse as well in there and he did not like them at all, he quickly singled the smaller female out and after 2 days of watching him harrass them both I moved them to my larger 300 gallon tank. the female went missing after about 4 days of seeing her each morning, they both ate from the get go. The male is always around and mostly in the morning before the lights come on and will hang out for a few hours then hes gone. I have a large dusky wrasse in my 300 who gets along fine with him. Here are a few pics

DSC_0128.jpg

DSC_0121.jpg

That female looks too skinny.

Unfortunatelly it is usually not a good sign if the male is not out during all of the daylight hours. He should have adjusted by now. Healthy tamarin wrasses are out all day and continually search for food. If he hides during the middle of the day he is either being picked on or is sick. I hope he makes it.

I finally got the most beautiful wrasse there is
Currently it is doing a bucket method but is eating like a champ
4fe1a2ff.jpg

yuri that is sick. Im puking right now. no really though that is an awesome score. kudos sir. cant wait for updates.

I currently keep a pair of mauritian anampses lineatus and a lone anampses chrysocephalus female. I love my anampses, they are the most personable and friendly fish I own. They eat PE mysis and just about anything else with the big boys.

very nice one there ,they just dont get any prettier . we can hardly see him buy we know what you got in your bucket ! i am just a bit jealous buddy .

Back