Tamarin Wrasse Primer.

Here's my male....
DSC_0049_zps584a5e1f.jpg

DSC_0046_zpsf8e82774.jpg

DSC_0045_zpsb20ec51b.jpg

My male neoguinaicus is driving me crazy. Since he has changed he has gotten very agressive. Not to any of his tankmates, but to his reflection in the glass. Every evening I have to listen to him pecking at the glass. It is so loud and he doesnt do it once, no, it goes PECK PECK PECKPECKPECKPECK PECK and then about 40-50 times...

I have a friend who's mystery wrasse does the same and the wrasse broke his jaw on the glass.

Anything I can do to make him stop?

My male neoguinaicus is driving me crazy. Since he has changed he has gotten very agressive. Not to any of his tankmates, but to his reflection in the glass. Every evening I have to listen to him pecking at the glass. It is so loud and he doesnt do it once, no, it goes PECK PECK PECKPECKPECKPECK PECK and then about 40-50 times...

I have a friend who's mystery wrasse does the same and the wrasse broke his jaw on the glass.

Anything I can do to make him stop?
He only do that on evening ? My Lennardi was doing that before....but only in the morning when he came out from the sand. Now he's ok....he stopped that alone....after like a month.
David

He only do that on evening ? My Lennardi was doing that before....but only in the morning when he came out from the sand. Now he's ok....he stopped that alone....after like a month.
David

Only after the hqi's turn on, so in the evening.

Some pics, cause I just love this fish

IMG_0788.jpg

IMG_0807.jpg

WOW!
That a nice male!!
I want one, I already have a female.
I remember when you bought this wrasse, she was so skinny!
David

WOW!
That a nice male!!
I want one, I already have a female.
I remember when you bought this wrasse, she was so skinny!
David

Thanks, this was my first anampses wrasse I ever bought. I now have 2 neo's, 2 chrysocephalus, and next week I am picking up 2 juvenile twistii's.

Very nice Stefanie:crazy1: is this the full adult male coloring??
How about a pair of Anampses Meleagrides,they're more beautiful than the Twistii IMO,I have a Twistii and he's not so spectacular but maybe we are to spoiled:D?
I'm still waiting for the pair Chrysocephalus and Rubricephalus...
say hello to Thomas for me:D
grtz Joeri
Only after the hqi's turn on, so in the evening.

Some pics, cause I just love this fish

IMG_0788.jpg

IMG_0807.jpg

Very nice Stefanie:crazy1: is this the full adult male coloring??
How about a pair of Anampses Meleagrides,they're more beautiful than the Twistii IMO,I have a Twistii and he's not so spectacular but maybe we are to spoiled:D?
I'm still waiting for the pair Chrysocephalus and Rubricephalus...
say hello to Thomas for me:D
grtz Joeri

He isn't fully male yet, I think. Most of the evening he does have the male colors with only a black head, when he gets mad. I have never seen a male irl and there aren't many online pics.

I don't really like the meleagris, chrysocephalus is much more beautiful.

I like the twistii because they don't look like any other anampses, with the green and yellow. I saw a juvy in Robert's tank and it just made me smile :spin1:

his upper lip looks a bit tattered ,be sure to keep an eye on that as many times it will fester and get worse exposing his teeth .

Thnx Dave....will keep an eye on that...didn't noticed it....will see later when they wake up out of the sand...
grtz
his upper lip looks a bit tattered ,be sure to keep an eye on that as many times it will fester and get worse exposing his teeth .

Awesome Joeri, did you get them from Rudy? I'm still looking for a male too, but they are hard to come by. My twisti is doing great, lost one the next day but the other one is just fine.

Yes from Rudy off course:dance:....bought it as a female... directly from DeJongh...I thought you allready had a pair of Chrysocephalus,did your male die then??
IME all the Anampses species are very difficult in the first few days/weeks,once they start eating there usually fine....my Twistii was just 2 or 3 cm when I got him...allready doubled in size in a few months:dance:
grtz
Awesome Joeri, did you get them from Rudy? I'm still looking for a male too, but they are hard to come by. My twisti is doing great, lost one the next day but the other one is just fine.

Yes from Rudy off course:dance:....bought it as a female... directly from DeJongh...I thought you allready had a pair of Chrysocephalus,did your male die then??
IME all the Anampses species are very difficult in the first few days/weeks,once they start eating there usually fine....my Twistii was just 2 or 3 cm when I got him...allready doubled in size in a few months:dance:
grtz

No I have two females, and they came from DeJongh too. Good fish, they were eating in the bag and were swimming around when I put them in the tank. Normally anampses hide in the sand for a few days but these ones didn't.

So I still need a male for my two females. But full grown males are even harder then females so I am hoping one of them changes into a male. I rather not buy one because they are so sensitive.

Back