Tampa Aquarium shops mapped through custom Google Maps

not my favorite but fins and skins on 49th street in pinellas park...
and petco at parkside mall now has saltwater too... a bit lame but still saltwater... i stop in there waiting for those 60 dollar haddons and giganteas I hear about on the main forums...

Added Fins n Skins. I dont think I'll add the franchise shops like petsmart, petco, or petsupermarket.

I'd consider these to be Freshwater/Saltwater as their primary focus. Maybe Pets Unlimited should be removed - but their not quite a franchise type store.

Last edited:
Thanks! I also added Marine Warehouse and Elite Corals.

I used it yesterday on my Android phone to try Rockin Reefs. Found it very easily.

anybody know if there is a way to download this to the google maps app on iphone rather than saving it as a bookmark?

Great job. Thanks for making it!

I dont know how far you want this map to extend but here a few in parrish/bradenton/sarasota

Pets Plus
8943 US Highway 301 North, Parrish, FL

Aqua Dreams
5244 Florida 64, Bradenton, Manatee, Florida 34208

K-D Oceans and Reefs
7286 55th Avenue East, Bradenton, FL 34203

Paradise Reef(2 stores)
7834 Cortez Road West
Bradenton, FL 34210

4808 14th Street West, Bradenton FL 34207

Epic Reef
4559 Bee Ridge Road
Sarasota, FL 34233

I will add those momentarily.

Since this is my map - it shows up in the google maps app under "my maps."

I may be able to open this up on Google so that it can be in anyone's "my maps"or "my places (i.e. a public map instead of private). I'll look into it.

One question back at all of you - is it appropriate to make this a sticky? While our title is Tampa Bay Reef Club and it's a private membership dues club and many of these places in the map are not sponsors (and some are) - this is a public forum and this information may be useful to Tampa reefers.

I would also like a collaborator (I can do that in Google Maps) and allow that person to also edit the map. Who should that be?

Added / made the list public

when you click on that link - there should be a pane on the left hand side. If you have a google account / google+ account - you should be able to also create your own map (follow the interactive guide first - its very helpful) and choose import - then you should be able to import my map into your own places. After that - it should be available on your smartphone.

Woohoo, more local stores to visit :)

I was at world wide corals in orlando last night, awesome corals and awesome selection but out of my price range on some corals that I was looking for lol, hopefully I'll find what I'm looking for at a decent price at coral con :D

http://www.coralcon.org/

Please check the sponsor list, there are others in the area but we don't speak of those.

No one ever said anything about not talking about non-sponsors on RC. If you can't tell the difference between mentioning other stores in a post and making a list of them to sticky at the top of the page with the sponsors, then there isn't much to discuss.

For example, here is a list of stores that I have purchased from in 2015.

Fish and Ichthy Stuff - I buy virtually all of my drygoods and 90% of my livestock here.

Drysdale Aquatics - great selection of named zoas and if I was still into zoas as much as I used to be, I would be broke since they are right down the road. Also has been getting in some LE SPS, but who likes sticks!!

Creative Aquariums - nice clean store with healthy livestock

Coral Corral - big store with the occasional more unique livestock that always imtrigues me

Two of those are sponsors and two of them are not. So obviously, anyone is free to mention any store they want.

Marine Warwhouse is another large option, but their drygoods prices are high so I only stop in to check out the livestock when I am driving by and have time.

Corals and Fins is a small shop in South Tampa that can be popular with some in the area due to the low livestock prices. Lee is a really nice guy, but you had better be willing to QT any livestock purchased here. Only fish store I have ever seen have a "Fish Have Ich Sale"

I don't know any of the stores in Pinellas county and none in Pasco other than Drysdale.

Back