TBS Rocks!

delta

Premium Member
OK here goes my first shipment, I have had it for almost 2 weeks now totally cycled just waiting for the weather to change for next shipment
28890TBS-1.JPG

28890Killer-piece.jpg

check out the size of the pieces compared to the putty knife
28890Putty-knife-for-size-compar.jpg

All 3 Pieces totalling 130lbs poor quality sorry
28890Blurry-3-tbs.jpg

Placed in the tank and cycling
28890Poor-Quality-Tank-shot.jpg

Remember this is a six foot tank the pieces are huge!

Hey!!!!! You stole my rock!
Just kidding...mine came the same way. 150# in 3 pieces and awesome ones at that. TBS rocks eh?

Delta , your rocks looks great!
TBS rocks really rocks!! I'm also waiting for my second shipment for my 90G the first shipment was really great I got 3 rocks that fit perfectly in my tank and a lot of hichikers including a tiger goby hopefully the weather gets better down there.. soon I'll post some pics in a new thread, good luck with your tank!

Well got the news this morning no shipment today :(

Oh Well we have waited this long whats a little longer

guess i ll have to get some new photos to post

Closeups

Closed Brain
28890Eight.jpg

Sponge
28890Nine.jpg

More closed brain
28890Ten.jpg

Not sure but open for ids
28890Eleven.jpg

Sponge
28890Thirteen.jpg

Think its a christmas tree worm
28890Twelve.jpg

that all for now could get right now, the red open brain coral was too hard of an angle to shoot

Great ground work for the good rock to come
Great Job TBS

Xmass worm!!!

Xmass worm!!!

YOU LUCKY REFFER!!

An xmass worm!!!!

takes 10 years to get to that size!

Richard TBS

Why, you lucky worm ;) , you got a Christmas Tree worm!!!

But to deflate you, your closed brains appear to actually be Siderastrea radians, 'lesser starlet corals.'

Your 'open for id' is one of three: (Multiple choice test for Landlord, who's supposed to get CMA for himself & 'Surprise' ;) though the answer won't be in CMA, it'll be easier to find in Borneman )
(a) Phyllangia (hidden cup coral)
(b) Cladacora (tube coral)
(c) Tubastrea (also tube coral)

Last edited:
Any idea what this is there are like 6 of them next to the dying spong behind this one but they are small
28890Fourteen.jpg

If you're talking the little purple looking guys, they're tunicates.

Sorry, I can't help you with genus or species...

Where 'South of Boston?' We used to live in Lexington (and glad not to be buried by the Nor'easter!)

"south of Boston" Carver next to Plymouth and yes we have snow wet and sticky now but surposed to get colder and then it will be a real mess, frozen wet snow you know ICE

Nah the plant like thing white with pink/purple glowing limbs(filters) was what i was trying to figure out but the other id was more than welcome i will try and get a better picture

Small feather dusters? (worms, sabellid worms if I recall). Shape can be either like a leaf rake, or circular.

Cant for the life of me get a good picture of this open brain

if i don't shoot it fom above it you cant see it tucked in behind the sponges nicely

28890DSC00431.jpg

more coming

Beautiful photos! What kind of camera & settings? Macro? Auto exposure, or are you manually manipulating flash, etc.? I've got a hard time getting good focus.

sony cybershot dsc-p92
center focus
spot metering
white balance auto ISO 100
running in macro mode

more pics
28890DSC00456.jpg

hermit
28890DSC00450.jpg

28890DSC00427.jpg

not a barnical its a snail got alot of these too
28890DSC00428.jpg