The Bubble-Magus Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
I sure will. just wanted to see how good it would perform full open. I just set it to level 5 now and a I´m seeing a nice buildup of compact skim. And this after less then 12h running

And 12H later

19072010450.jpg

19072010449.jpg

19072010448.jpg

Hi everyone.

Long story short.. my sump tank cracked... water got out... sump run dry for several hours till my room mate got home and unplugged everything. The only thing which is not working any longer is pump from Bubble Magus NAC7 and I need to get new one. Before I spend my money.. is there any better replacement than OEM pump? Please let me know.. thank You.

ps. need these info ASAP..

Thanks.

Tagging along. I am on my 2nd Atman pump and 3rd meshwheel impeller in just a few short months. Impeller cracked tonight without warning or good reason. First pump quit after @ 2 days. Second pump routinely sounds like its cavitating. I can unplug the pump and plug it back it and the sound goes away. Leads me to believe that the meshwheel was out of balance. I'm thinking of switching to a needlewheel impeller.

Is the NAC7 worth the extra 40 bucks over NAC6?
Im just about to order, and i just cant make up my mind :spin1:

Got ichy fingers last night, and went with the NAC6.. Hopefully it performs :) i only have a 30 gal tank + 15gal sump anyway :)
Now i just have to wait for shipping from China, and the completely USELESS Norwegian customs :spin2:

Looks like several vendors including victor of ATB will be getting the NAC5E in with in the next few weeks for those that have been looking for it.

Hi!

Does anyone know where I can get a hold of a rotor, pinwheel or needlewheel for Atman 2500. I'm not sure where to turn, and a heads up in the right direction is much appreciated.
Thanks. :)

looking at the BM180cs for my upgrade tank.. total water volume will be 150g, Display will be 115g with tons of SPS, would the BM180cs do the job or will it be underrated..

BM-180CS this skimmer is on a brand new setup tank at 3 days new so the skimmate would be more on a dirty tank.

<embed width="600" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullscreen="true" allowNetworking="all" wmode="transparent" src="http://static.photobucket.com/player.swf" flashvars="file=http%3A%2F%2Fvid301.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fnn73%2FStriknine1234%2FVIDEO0004-1.mp4">

Hi,

Please send me information about ...

How deep you put yours BM NAC-7 in Sump ?
Where is a water level on it ?

Currently I set flow level on 2.8-3 lvl but I see that yours skimmers have flow sets on level 4-5 ( this white dot on blue tube :) )

thanks for informations.

Hi,

Please send me information about ...

How deep you put yours BM NAC-7 in Sump ?
Where is a water level on it ?

Currently I set flow level on 2.8-3 lvl but I see that yours skimmers have flow sets on level 4-5 ( this white dot on blue tube :) )

thanks for informations.

czesc!

i keep mine in about 9.5-10" of water and i keep the flow setting between 3-4 no issues, skims like there is no tomorrow!

Dyraxe, u lovin it so far?

The BM-180CS is SILENT!!! Even in a sump with no baffles, my tank has no micro bubbles. I do like it very much and would rate it higher then my SWC160 cone. However I did pay more for the BM. It is one of my most favorite skimmers I have seen. The SWC 160 cone is awesome and I do not want anyone to think different but this BM 180CS out classed it. Both are excellent and quiet. If you got extra coin get the BM 180CS it can do more and I prefer the Aquabee over the Atman pump but I got to say I am very surprised if not shocked at how nice the Atman pump is on the SWC.

Dyraxe, what is the total water volume on your system? I am setting up a 120 as soon as I move (going from a 90) and currently run an Octopus DNW-150 but since I'll have a "real" job and no real debt, I figure I'll buy my first "new" skimmer and I've been eyeing the 180CS for a 120g display and 40g sump. Also, how deep is your water level? I haven't built my sump yet so I can build accordingly.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back