The Bubble-Magus Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got a na6a and it's pretty silent. Silent enough that my chick was in the kitchen on conference calls while the skimmer was getting a vinegar bath. She said she couldn't even hear it. My ASM G4 sounds like a flushing toilet at a beach bathroom. The G4 is an awesome skimmer, but soo much louder compared to my na6a. I think the na6a has the same pump as the na7.

I've got an Nac6, had the same issues with the meshwheel. Mine was ordered through reefscience.com. After my second broken meshwheel ( two came with the skimmer), they sent me a third free of charge PLUS the older style pinwheel that these skimmers used to use. This was a tight fit in the pump and it's not quite as silent , but it's been problem free ever since. I don't see any difference in bubble production, either.

I have a 75 reef, medium stocked. Would the nac7 be too much?

Is that a drain fitting attached to the bottom of the collection cup of the NAC7? I was looking for an online manual to look at but can't find one.

Last edited:
Has anyone here replace their MW impeller that comes with the atman 2500 pump with a SWC NW/MW impeller? I'm thinking about replacing my with a SWC NW/MW impeller.

They both use the same pump. I think it depends on if you want to spend the extra cash on the NA7. If it's a huge price difference, I would get the NA6. I picked up my NA6 for $100 used from my friend. He used it for about a month before deciding to get a bigger tank.

Great! I found the NAC6 for $185 on nuocean and the NAC7 for $210 on premiumaquatics. Both of these skimmers can handle a heavy bioload in a 75 gallon tank, right?

Yes, they can. I have the NAC6 running on my 75.

Attachments

• P1000216.jpg
    P1000216.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 4
You'd think that would be the cas but they have the NAC6 for $199. For the price of $219 for the NAC7, do you think it would be wise to get it? I'd be willing to pay that much.

I know this thread is about skimmers but I just thought I would show you somthing else bubble magus makes the salamander it is a really nice reflector:fish1:
dscf1668.jpg

dscf1664.jpg

You'd think that would be the cas but they have the NAC6 for $199. For the price of $219 for the NAC7, do you think it would be wise to get it? I'd be willing to pay that much.

If it's worth it to you, go for it! I don't see how the cone shape can really increase the bioload. There pretty similar in shape and use the same pump. To get a bigger bioload I would think the NA7 would need a bigger pump, or one that pulls more air.

I had decided $30 was worth the difference ($199 vs. $229). I thought that was a good price, but PA is better. I just checked premiumaquatics and it is listed at $249. For those still looking how do you get the $219 price?

I bought my NAC7 from www.seaaquatics.com because I saw it was 219.00 with free shipping and in California. Well the guy, Andy said it was on backorder and would ship out Monday. I called im several times yesterday and he answers the phone with "hello", no "Store name, how are you" greeting line or anything. Seems pretty sketchy because he said it shipped out and would get me a tracking number that I have yet to receive....:mad:

I had decided $30 was worth the difference ($199 vs. $229). I thought that was a good price, but PA is better. I just checked premiumaquatics and it is listed at $249. For those still looking how do you get the $219 price?

I was thinking the exact same thing as you. Unfortunately they changed te price in the last two days. I should have ordered it when it was listed at $219. Now I think I'll just go with the NAC6.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back