The Bubble-Magus Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
How would you compare the 180cs to a SRO XP-2000 internal? Think the aquabee is as good or better then a bubble blaster? I hear the Aquabee is silent this is a huge plus IMO?

The Bubble Blaster is a much better pump.

I think the Bubble Magus line is great for the lower end skimmers but once you get in the ~$400 range there are much better options out there.

How would you compare the 180cs to a SRO XP-2000 internal? Think the aquabee is as good or better then a bubble blaster? I hear the Aquabee is silent this is a huge plus IMO?

i have the 180CS, and beforehand the BM-150, both with the aquabee pump.

i ran the 150 since 2008, not a single hick up, restart issue etc. you will also pick up about 3-4 inches of required spacing with the BM, vs Octo.

you will be on the lower end of performance with the BM, rating wise. i have heard the Octo's are a bit under rated.

i would feel fine running the BM on a system, 150 and below. all the way up to the 180 mark would be pushing it, lightly stocked.

How about an update?

Not many people are running these yet and I'm sure people would like to hear how things are working :)

The Bubble Magus Nac 3.5

Here are some crappy pics i took yesterday from my phone after the skimmer was running for about 20 mi
PIC_0355.jpg

it makes some nice foam

I will update after the skimmer breaks in (with an actual camera)

I have been using the BM doser for 6 months now and it is flawless. Very accurate IMO and I would buy it again. I am thinking about adding the 4 head doser to my main unit. Anyone care to comment on the 4 head addon?

How do you like the dosing pump unit. I have been looking to expand my collection as well.

They are great. I was previously dosing with peri pumps on digital timers, and this makes things much easier. Automatically can spread dosing throughout the day, easy to program. No issues at all.

Im also looking at getting the 4 pump addon unit... Just need to think of something to use it for first!

I also have the BM dosing containers, which look pretty smart. Next on the list is a pair of the FBF's.

Ok I believe this is the place to post my question.
I just brought a Bubble Mac Nac6 and it worked well for the first 12-13 hours.
I can't seem to control the flow of the water ( I had it on 4 last night) right now there are alot more bubbles however the water is just going up strong (White fome are coming out of the cup) the adjustable tube is not working. Is this normal or where is something wrong with the pump?

my skimmer (Nac3.5) is working great def worth the $150!

here is a pic of about 2 days worth of skimmate

30wrud4.jpg

I recommend it to anyone looking for a good nano-skimmer, i cleaned the collection cup and it basically pulled out the same amount in the picture in 12 hours.

it definitely outskims my old skimmer (Aquamedic Turboflotor 1000 multi)

Ok I believe this is the place to post my question.
I just brought a Bubble Mac Nac6 and it worked well for the first 12-13 hours.
I can't seem to control the flow of the water ( I had it on 4 last night) right now there are alot more bubbles however the water is just going up strong (White fome are coming out of the cup) the adjustable tube is not working. Is this normal or where is something wrong with the pump?

How many inches deep of water is the skimmer sitting in? If it is too deep it will over flow too.

It's in 10 and a quater inches of water. I'm going to try and raise up the skimmer somehow and see what it does. but so far I don't see any blockage

the little clear tube sticking out of the blue pipe, is it clear and nothing blocking air flow thru it?
my nac7 is in 10" of water and i have it set between 3-4

is your skimmer still breaking in? for the first 2-3 days mine was overfilling the cup, then it all settled down.

As of right now I have risen the skimmer three inches and I haven't seen a change. I don't see anything blocking the clear tube. These will be day #2 but like I said the skimmer worked perfect for the first 12+ hours, it wasn't until I emptied the cup for the first time that all this start occurring. I was thinking that it might just be air trapped into it, but even so I have turn the machine on and off 5 or more times now.

Honestly I'm exhausted trying to figure out this thing!

give it a few more days, it is still breaking in...mine did the exact same thing, (look back a few pages, a made a post similar to yours, and was told the same thing and sure 'nuff it started working properly on it's own..give it 2 more days or so)

Hi everybody!

I haven`t had the time to read up on the whole tread, so sorry up front if this has been asked before.

I am the lucky owner of a NAC66a dual core skimmer, and i am having some problems with turbulence in the reactor chamber. It seems like the bubble plate isn`t breaking the pump stream well enough. Anyone else have this skimmer and experiencing the same?
There is also a problem with the placement of the pumps. The pump intake is pointing upwards at the surface, so if the water level in my sump is lower than 25 cm the pumps start to suck air into the pump intake. Is there anyone who have modded this skimmer or any other skimmer with this problem?

Please forgive me for the somewhat clumsy language. English is not my native language. I try, but do not always succeed. :)

Last edited:
Ok so It finally appears like my skimmer is working ok. I took the skimmer back to the FS to see if there was something wrong with the skimmer. While there the skimmer worked fine which led me to a simple conclusion (there was something wrong with my water) so I went back home did a big water change and since then the skimmer has been gradually performing like it should. This morning I adjusted from Max to level 3 so far is doing great. Now the only last issue I have to tackle is the heat (the temperature is a little high in the tank)

My temperature is around 80-85. I have to wait for another week or so to buy a chiller, mean while I have a big fan blowing to my tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back