The Bubble-Magus Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yah that's what I have being doing. I have two fans blowing on my sump also I copied someone style here by only turning the lights on at night (around 6pm) and not exceeding more than six hours.

I bought a Bubble Magus BM160 used locally about a 6 weeks ago. This is a recirc unit so the flow feed is separate from the bubble pump. The unit looks awesome. I have had allot of trouble getting it tuned in correctly.

Setup: 120 gal tank with dual magnaflow - 2 drains and 2 returns. I have one of the returns going to a filter sock and the other is split between a chaeto bucket and the skimmer with most flow to the skimmer. My return pump creating the flow is an Ehiem 1260 at 960 GPH. It is hard to tell how much flow is truely going to the skimmer but rough estimate maybe 400 GPH?

Issues:
- Produces very wet skimmate. Hard to adjust the turn tube to get it right. Minute nudge and it is either wet or none.
- Every now and then it goes completely nuts and just pours water out the top ( 2X in the last week).

Questions:
- Is there something I am obviously doing wrong?
- Can this skimmer be setup reliably this way using the gravity fed return vs using a pump to feed it?
- How much flow should I have going to this skimmer? How can I judge the flow? ( I have valves to adjust the flow to the skimmer).
- Does yours pull dark skimmate? Is yours easy to adjust the skimmate thickness wet/dry?

Last edited:
I bought a Bubble Magus BM160 used locally about a 6 weeks ago. This is a recirc unit so the flow feed is separate from the bubble pump. The unit looks awesome. I have had allot of trouble getting it tuned in correctly.

Setup: 120 gal tank with dual magnaflow - 2 drains and 2 returns. I have one of the returns going to a filter sock and the other is split between a chaeto bucket and the skimmer with most flow to the skimmer. My return pump creating the flow is an Ehiem 1260 at 960 GPH. It is hard to tell how much flow is truely going to the skimmer but rough estimate maybe 400 GPH?

Issues:
- Produces very wet skimmate. Hard to adjust the turn tube to get it right. Minute nudge and it is either wet or none.
- Every now and then it goes completely nuts and just pours water out the top ( 2X in the last week).

Questions:
- Is there something I am obviously doing wrong?
- Can this skimmer be setup reliably this way using the gravity fed return vs using a pump to feed it?
- How much flow should I have going to this skimmer? How can I judge the flow? ( I have valves to adjust the flow to the skimmer).
- Does yours pull dark skimmate? Is yours easy to adjust the skimmate thickness wet/dry?

Is their an air adjustment?

Bm 180cs

Bm 180cs

Annnddd I finnaly got it. :thumbsup: It took me a few months to decide if wanted the NAC7 or 180CS for my 90 gal. And the winner.... BM 180 CS. This way I am safe for a future tank upgrade- thats a good excuse to build a new one- ( honey i just bought a new oversized skimmer now I need to get a bigger tank, llolololol :dance:

Went directly to hong kong to get it. I could not believe my eyes when I saw the price......

Now I cannot wait to get home and put this baby working.
Will try to post pics of the end results. :love2:

Self cleaning in NAC-7

Self cleaning in NAC-7

Hi,

What do you think about use self cleaning system with Bubble Magus NAC-7 ?

Some like Deltec self cleaning...

Self-Cleaning-Head-1a.jpg

Anyone use DIY version of it with NAC-7 ?

I've got one of the Swabbies running on a cone skimmer from Avast (it was a demo I got a deal on). I have to say I was a little skeptical about it when I got it, but it's been running for about two weeks and has kept my (skimmer) neck nice and clean. I'm impressed so far.

Iv'e been looking at the Swabbie for my 180-CS but wanted to hear some feedback on them first. Wfournie, what are you running it on? Did it fit well? Any video?

Iv'e been looking at the Swabbie for my 180-CS but wanted to hear some feedback on them first. Wfournie, what are you running it on? Did it fit well? Any video?

I'm running it on a GS 1 or 2 cone skimmer (got a deal on it with the swabbie as a demo, was looking at the 180-CS). It fit just fine, as would be expected with a demo unit. I don't have any video of it running, but I know I saw some on the ********* site. There are also several user reports there in the Avast forum (I think the videos might be in the equipment forum though, might take a little digging).

update!:dance:
here is a picture of a week of skimmate from the NAC3.5 mini cone skimmer

PIC_0001.jpg

it may be small but it sure performs!

anyone else running this skimmer?

Hey guys, ive been thinking about getting the NAC3.5 for a little while now. Im currently running a Vertex IN80, which is a great skimmer, its just big and bulky for my little 25g cube, with 16g sump.

Do you think the NAC3.5 could keep up with my system? I really like how compact the design of them.

Any feed back would be great.

Thanks!

I'm in the market for a skimmer upgrade on my nano and after thinking about getting a tunze 9002 I now want to try a BM nac3.5....Only problem is, I can't find them anywhere. Where can I get one of these bad girls? And how would the nac3+ compare?

replacement pump for BM NAC7.

replacement pump for BM NAC7.

Hi everyone.

Long story short.. my sump tank cracked... water got out... sump run dry for several hours till my room mate got home and unplugged everything. The only thing which is not working any longer is pump from Bubble Magus NAC7 and I need to get new one. Before I spend my money.. is there any better replacement than OEM pump? Please let me know.. thank You.

ps. need these info ASAP..

Thanks.

BM180-CS first day at work

BM180-CS first day at work

Up and running my BM180CS
I think I am going to love this boy.

1h after beeing working, 100% open

19072010442.jpg

19072010444.jpg

19072010447.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.