The Farm

Hi
Great venture. I just wanted to ask how you guys manage flow in your systems without knocking the frags over. For example, do you direct flow under or over the egg crate or a bit of both. Thanks
Michael

Hi
Great venture. I just wanted to ask how you guys manage flow in your systems without knocking the frags over. For example, do you direct flow under or over the egg crate or a bit of both. Thanks
Michael

The frags are mainly on pegs and theyre in trays also

8930c048cbce384072246f257441656a.jpg

What is the name of this Acropora please? I may have the same coral in my own tank. When I purchased it it looked mainly blue, but slowly it has started to look like the coral in your picture.

How come you do not supply to the UK directly? Middle man always pushes up prices. Is there any way to find out which retailers in the UK eventually receives your frags?

Thank you.

What is the name of this Acropora please? I may have the same coral in my own tank. When I purchased it it looked mainly blue, but slowly it has started to look like the coral in your picture.

How come you do not supply to the UK directly? Middle man always pushes up prices. Is there any way to find out which retailers in the UK eventually receives your frags?

Thank you.

I cant give a species id on that I actually don't know lol

As for the UK middle man that's a long story, and to be blunt we wont be doing the wrong thing by them....

Some pictures from today :) All corals from "The Farm" shipped to Sweden
The corals have now been in my fragtank for a couple of weeks

22328807088_017c35dc8b_b.jpg

22490492276_e5f9cf3240_b.jpg
22502984992_10cdc23e1d_b.jpg

21893674384_91bc6c364b_b.jpg

22490387146_efd46a7e27_b.jpg

21895152453_ee8664a524_b.jpg

Nice macro's bjomat, well done! The corals are very healthy looking, any problems at receipt?

Spslvr:
Thankyou for posting this thread. I've enjoyed reading and learning from it.

Maybe I missed it but apart from the addition of fertiliser do you add coral particle sized food or have a fish load in the system?

Thanks
Tim

We have in the past used a papone mix but to be honest weve never seen that much of a difference with or without particle foods, we have fish but not as many as you might think, 12 tangs and 6 line wrasses in every tub

Thank you spslvr.
That's really interesting as biggles created a topic on here about acropora feeding macro videos he made. The topic turned into a discussion on feeding and pappone. Most noticed an increase in coral health when using a meaty food such as pulped mysis.

Do you have a recommendation to keep the coral well fed in the home system?

we are really just dosing no3, po4 and amino acids. we do throw in the occasional feed of papone mabe once every week or so....we also do large weekly water changes with collected seawater...

How many species of acropora du you have in your system Spslvr?

Quite a few lol.... To many to list the main ones are echinata, microclados, nasuta, tenuis, valida then things like secale, desalwii, lokani, stags of various species aspera and a lot i dont even know, we are starting to keep more montis, in the past monties havent done to well in our system but they are getting better...

Quite a few lol.... To many to list the main ones are echinata, microclados, nasuta, tenuis, valida then things like secale, desalwii, lokani, stags of various species aspera and a lot i dont even know, we are starting to keep more montis, in the past monties havent done to well in our system but they are getting better...

Do you have a picture of a secale please?

Back