The Life of Blue Spots Tank 1800L

The Life of Blue Spots Tank 1800L

• Total voters
Well it's day 6 of treatment and all byropsis has virtually dissapeard . The change is quite remarkable . A couple of strands left , but what is left so far is very thin and whispy . If anyone has byropsis , try this treatment , I've tried everything. No negative effects on coral fish or anemonies. Even if it comes back (which I hope it doesn't) I could do this treatment again and live with the results. Just for reference I think I followed the instructions pretty well to the thread, I removed all carbon and gfo and skimmer cup. Mixed in 10,000mg of fish fluc in ro water, added it to the main display in front of the power head , turned off all lights for 24 hrs, then changed my radions to white green and red only channels on 100% for 7 hrs with a large ramp up and down cycle lasting 12 hrs in total. I still carried on dosing vibrant (40 ml per week) as mentioned in a previous pot this has virtually eradicated bubble algae.
So I'm nearly their for pest erradication, I'm now left with a couple of , aptasia , I've got a couple in the main display...... and 400 in the overflow. don't think I'm going to mess with this. I also have asterina starfish , I had these in my old tank and got rid of these with a harlequin shrimp , but in this tank I'm worried about adding 1 , because I'm not sure what my tasseled filefish will do (I know she eats crabs , but I have blood shrimp and cleaner shrimp she doesn't touch) I also have a huge chocolate chip starfish , which they will definitely eat. I know these are reported as coral eaters but had mine for over a year with no impact on coral (other than pushing them off the rocks)
Today's a good day , fish tank wise :)

Good work Bluespot. Glad things are moving in the right direction. Glad you have the documentation on it too.

Maybe draw it up a little bit more wordy and direction orientated for a new reefer and make a new post with your pictures and documented results.

That way I know those that helped and gave ideas can chime in and help out some too.

Good idea worm. If you read 1 page back jp left a link to the full correct instructions. I have no idea how to leave a link to a thread sorry. But this is what I followed .

Just to give another update. Day 9 , byropsis gone . I am down to 3 very tiny hairy tufts . Completely unbelievable !!!

Just to give another update. Day 9 , byropsis gone . I am down to 3 very tiny hairy tufts . Completely unbelievable !!!

That must feel like a big weight off your shoulders. :)
I bookmarked the instructions for future (hopefully I don't need it).

Van , I can't tell you, it's been bugging me for so long, people would come in and say the tank looked lovely , all I could see was this stuff, really spoiling it for me , so i have been on pause for so long now I'm ready to go , that being said , I'm going to wait (although it's going to kill me) and make sure nothing returns . If it's good I'm going to rescape and start again, but at least I can leave my fish in the tank .

I've finished treatment

before

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

after

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

ignore the lights please . last day of treatment so super green looking light. but i think you can see how this treatment has cut down the byropsis

now under the byropsis I found these. very pretty , but look to be spreading . they look like some kind of small feather duster . dose anyone know if these things spread ? before I start to rebuild the tank I don't want to find I have another invasive creature know matter how pretty.

picture.php

Great vid! What an excellent spot for him to take up residence. You can always know where he is. He will also be easy to spot-feed.

The tube worms are a good indication of a healthy tank. Yes, they will spread if you continue to maintain good water quality and tank health, but they won't interfere with anything else so I would consider them a sign of success, not something to worry about. Actually, I have tried to transplant these into a tank with no luck, so I am envious of your success with these. They are a part of a truly natural reef system.

Dave.M

Just got to hope it stay away now. So tomorrow is lights back on , water change. Sump swap , I'm going to put my algae in first chamber the skimmer and everything else in the second . The only downside I can see of this is if pods will still make it from sump to display, but I am trying to follow triton so I'll try it. I was then going to hoover out all those worms , but after reading what Dave has put I'm going to keep them , Dave you better not be winding me up and in 6 months time I'm on here whining about a worm attack . Lol

now under the byropsis I found these. very pretty , but look to be spreading . they look like some kind of small feather duster . dose anyone know if these things spread ? before I start to rebuild the tank I don't want to find I have another invasive creature know matter how pretty.

picture.php

If you don't want them, I'd love to have them for my macro algae tank. If only there was a way to get them here :(

Back