The Life Reef Skimmer Club

But I'm changing right now for a pump for mag 18 let see how it work

I'm running mag-18 on 30 inch body with mazzei. Seems like more than enough pump and I honestly can't even hear the pump over how much louder the Venturi is. When I close the cabinet door the only thing I can barely hear is the Venturi very dimly even at night when there is no noise. If there is even a small amount of noise like tv on, you can't hear the tank.

709cd3dcd8fabb5a7fc9219310aa0ad3.jpg

Supper impressive performance of LifeReef skimmer this is after feeding food to my fish and corals. Normally when I was running the reef octopus after feeding my fish and corals the reef octopus use to get crazy and stop producing bubbles. With LifeReef skimmer is magic after feeding my fish the LifeReef skimmer star producing microscopic bubbles like i never see in my life

I am thinking of the SVS3-30. How often do you have to clean/vinegar bath the body of the skimmer? How long do you think the body will last...how many years? I heard from one person that he had his for 20+ years.

Is there a list of pumps that are recommended to be used with this skimmer? I am going to see if I can find that info on their site.

Is there a list of pumps that are recommended to be used with this skimmer?

Yes, Jeff has a list of pumps recommended but as long as you match the flow rate he recommends you can use just about and pump out there, DC or AC.

Damn I have 2x Ehiem 1262's at 900GPH & I cannot use it with the SVS3-30 requirment of 1100GPH.

That damn Mag 18 is using 150W...WOW!!!!! Are you guys keeping these skimmers on 24/7?

Cannot use my Reef Octopus RODC 3500 Controllable Water Pump that I literally just got in the mail. (925GPH)
:(

Damn I have 2x Ehiem 1262's at 900GPH & I cannot use it with the SVS3-30 requirment of 1100GPH.

That damn Mag 18 is using 150W...WOW!!!!! Are you guys keeping these skimmers on 24/7?

I run a Mag 24 and If I recall when I put a Kill-a-watt
meter on it it was only drawing about 100 watts.

I am thinking of the SVS3-30. How often do you have to clean/vinegar bath the body of the skimmer? How long do you think the body will last...how many years? I heard from one person that he had his for 20+ years.

Is there a list of pumps that are recommended to be used with this skimmer? I am going to see if I can find that info on their site.

I'm never cleaned the body of my skimmer (svs3-30). I've had it for about a year. I try to clean the whole collection cup once a week. Body will last a very long time, easily 20 years.

for the 30in body:

Mag18
Fluval SP4
DC pumps. There are many options here. (I'm using a Jebao DC9000)
Laguna Max flo 2000

Anything from 1700-2400 seems to be a good fit for the 30" body.

I run a Mag 24 and If I recall when I put a Kill-a-watt
meter on it it was only drawing about 100 watts.

When a pump has added back pressure (when you valve it back or used as a skimmer pump) it will draw less power. I have a SP4 pump on my SV3-36 and the company says it is good for 88 watts, I think its closer to 50-60 which puts it in the DC pump category

Help,
I bought this system on craigslist and a little overwhelmed trying to figure out how to hook it up or where to start I know its missing some parts more plumbing that parts and the no pumps, looks to be the LF1-125
cant seem to figure out how to put on a picture here.
Thanks Tony

Back