The Life Reef Skimmer Club

I forgot to comment on build quality and ease of use. The skimmer is solidly build and easy to fully disassemble for complete cleaning. It's been easy to adjust for a stable water level in the skimmer and consistent foam production.

Hi ,

Is there anyone that has tried the HOB version of SVS2?
Am planning for one in place of Deltec MCE600 as I don't have space for sump ..
Want to know how they perform compared to their in sump counterparts and how high do they stick above the tank ?
Any help us much appreciated ..

Regards,
ABHISHEK

Anyone with views ????

The svs2 has thumb screws, so extensions can be added if desired. While the vs2 is permanently the same size (no thumbscrews for extensions).

Footprints on these can be altered some from what the website says, depending on what you need.

Actually, the SVS2 and VS2 are the same, just different pump, thus the smaller footprint. The "3" series skimmers are the ones with the flange design with the thumbscrews that you're speaking about above. Just did a bunch of research an ordered a LifeReef last week is the only reason I know.

D

Dustinc is correct! Whoops! Thanks for the correction - I don't want to give out incorrect info.:facepalm:

Hey Folks,
I currently have the LR VS2 24 on my 80g+60g sump. I have enjoyed it.

However, I am nearing confirmation of my upgrade to:
255g DT, 60g Sump, 80g fuge/frag tank.

That's about ~400g not yet subtracting displacement or unused sump, etc space.
Going by numbers on the website alone, that would be the SVS3-30.

However, the site doesn't say low/medium/heavy load.

I usually feed very light and have few fish. However, for sake of argument let's say the upgrade makes me feed/get a medium load of fish.

Is it necessary to move to the SVS3-30?
Any other recommendations?

As far as rating skimmers a light bio load would be just a CUC. I think you would be good with a 30" model. I have a 36" in my 180, IMO 30" would have been good enough

open
Wondering if this will work. Trying to post a pic from my new laptop.
crap!!

I just took mine out, sure sucks the air now. Have you guys noticed any improvement. Did you have to turn the flow down?

Back