The Life Reef Skimmer Club

A bunch of us in the Houston area including D2mini are keeping the airline attached to the collection cup. I know some of us including myself tried running to an outside air source to increase the PH but didn't see a huge difference. Plus you then need to run rodi water into the venturi to keep it clean.

Does running it outside make it any more quite? Not that it is terribly loud. Was just curious in your experience.

There's a big difference with a CO2 scrubber connected to the lifereef for me. 8.3-8.5 PH instead of 7.8-8.1 at 8.5-9 dKH

Do you use a tee to plumb the airline to the scrubber or do you go from the cup to the scrubber to the venturi?

Set up that way, have you had any issues with the venturi clogging? And what size airline is it, 3/8"?

Yes, it reduced the air sucking sound from the venturi a lot. My first tank I had this skimmer on was like a megaphone for any noise in the sump. It's not as noticeable with my new tank and stand. But I also have a pair of XR30's and the fan noise helps mask the sound.

Does running it outside make it any more quite? Not that it is terribly loud. Was just curious in your experience.

The Life Reef Skimmer Club

Set up that way, have you had any issues with the venturi clogging? And what size airline is it, 3/8"?

Not yet but it has only been going a week. The scrubber (BRS) tubing is 3/8 along with the line to the venturi. But the tubing to the cup is 1/4 according to Jeff even though it looks more like 5/16. It stretched over the 3/8 Y though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am excited, my new Life reef skimmer next to my ATI powercone. Will swap it today, see if it can be better then my ATI, which is a beast.

31388535463_0f0fc57402_z.jpg
[/url]Lifereef skimmer by Mark Mikina, on Flickr[/IMG]

I am excited, my new Life reef skimmer next to my ATI powercone. Will swap it today, see if it can be better then my ATI, which is a beast.

31388535463_0f0fc57402_z.jpg
[/url]Lifereef skimmer by Mark Mikina, on Flickr[/IMG]

Was going to ask, why swap out if it is a beast (or working great I'm assuming ;) ). Don't get me wrong, Life Reef products are good. Real good. I was just wondering is all.

My sump arrived a month ahead of schedule. I already have a skimmer dating back to 2001 from him. I figured I'd give his sump a shot since the skimmer has held up so well.

Hi Guys,
I got a question. I just bought a used SVS2-24 and just set it up in my sump. The whole reason for buying this is I thought it would help my micro bubble problem from my old rlss skimmer. Ive had the thing running for 6 hours now and I still cant see my corals or fish there are so many bubbles. Im really hoping this is just a break in period?? I have it running off a jebao DCT-8000 at half power if that info helps. Any advice would be welcomed.

Hi Guys,
I got a question. I just bought a used SVS2-24 and just set it up in my sump. The whole reason for buying this is I thought it would help my micro bubble problem from my old rlss skimmer. Ive had the thing running for 6 hours now and I still cant see my corals or fish there are so many bubbles. Im really hoping this is just a break in period?? I have it running off a jebao DCT-8000 at half power if that info helps. Any advice would be welcomed.

I am using that exact pump, on a 30", I run it at MAX. The more you pump through these skimmers the better.

Turn your pump all the way up, and adjust the "exit" valve accordingly.

Hi Guys,

I don't remember having any micro bubbles. Is the skimmer in a separate compartment of your sump away from the return pump and are there baffles after it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the return pump is in the chamber next to the skimmer in my sump. There are baffles but the micro bubbles seem to flow right through them. Since my last post they seem to be getting better but I can still see them exiting through the return on the skimmer. I'm guessing its just breaking in. It was skimming great until I stuck my hand in the sump and it killed the foam head. After that it seemed the bubbles where worse. I'll also try turning up the pump

Very nice! How big of a tank is that beast going on?
It is going on my 190 gal. heavily feed NPS system.
Was going to ask, why swap out if it is a beast (or working great I'm assuming ;) ). Don't get me wrong, Life Reef products are good. Real good. I was just wondering is all.

My sump arrived a month ahead of schedule. I already have a skimmer dating back to 2001 from him. I figured I'd give his sump a shot since the skimmer has held up so well.
Well, I got it as a great deal from a friend who just got out of the hobby. I will keep my ATI just in case for few months, as I am extremely happy with it. Unfortunately I was not able to swap those this past weekend, will have to wait few more days.

I have a Dwyer question.I have a 60 inch external. I have a Vectra M1 hooked to it. I thought I would hook up a dwyer meter for kicks. Its only reading 7 or 8 SCFH wide open with a 978 injector. What pump would you recommend to get me to 20scfh ? Really surprised the M1 is 2000 gph with 21ft head.

I have a Dwyer question.I have a 60 inch external. I have a Vectra M1 hooked to it. I thought I would hook up a dwyer meter for kicks. Its only reading 7 or 8 SCFH wide open with a 978 injector. What pump would you recommend to get me to 20scfh ? Really surprised the M1 is 2000 gph with 21ft head.
Way under powered for that tall of skimmer. Lots of head pressure against it at that height. I wouldn't use it on my 36"

Internal or external pump?

Also, is the air line to the Dwyer letting in air that could cause a lower reading.

I think I read somewhere back that too much power could actually decrease the scfh... I think. I'm also running on like 2 hours of sleep so yeah.

I think I read somewhere back that too much power could actually decrease the scfh... I think. I'm also running on like 2 hours of sleep so yeah.
I have not hit that yet. But two much flow I've found to be a negative.

I currently have a jebao 18000 with 30' head rating on my 36" mvx skimmer. Running at 100% . It's been doing great.

Back