The Life Reef Skimmer Club

Open the red valve 1/8 turn a day and you're skimate will get darker. Mine took a couple seemed to get just right

Raise skimmer so outlet of valve is above water level

Completely open the red valve. All the way

Water shouldnt even come to neck.

Close valve until water level is just at the lifereef sticker

Wait and adjust the skimmer to the dryness that you want.

The orange knob isn't a valve at all. It's just a plug/access port to clean the venturi. Which you should probably do anyways. If air port is plugged you wont pull enough air into body and skimmer will perform incorrectly

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Raise skimmer so outlet of valve is above water level

Completely open the red valve. All the way

Water shouldnt even come to neck.

Close valve until water level is just at the lifereef sticker

Wait and adjust the skimmer to the dryness that you want.

The orange knob isn't a valve at all. It's just a plug/access port to clean the venturi. Which you should probably do anyways. If air port is plugged you wont pull enough air into body and skimmer will perform incorrectly

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

^ This..

Latest bounty after 2 months since the last clean. This is just from the neck of the skimmer.
56bdfd10721fbebbf9b8525e15d2cab6.jpg

Finally swapped out an old waveline dc pump for the fluval sp4, on my 24".
So far so good. :)

How's the SP4 running? It's time to replace my mag 9.5 after 6yrs. Wondering if I should just replace it with another mag drive or look into other pump options.

Hello to all the lifereef skimmer owners out there. I'm looking to replace my SRO SSS 5000 on my system with a lifereef. Current system is 650 gallons. My question is should I go with the 60" or 72" LR? Also I have a new UNO mag pump sitting on a shelf that moves 25.8 gpm/ 1548 gph that I can use to run whichever I order. Will this pump work or should I get a different one? Thanks in advance & any insight would be greatly appreciated. Really excited to order one & see the results in person. [emoji106][emoji4]

Well I just got off the phone with Jeff and ordered the VS3-72. Ive been debating it for awhile and after reading most of this thread, decided to go for it. [emoji106]. Now the hard part of anticipation waiting for it to be done. 🤪

Just joined the LifeReef club with a third hand SVS2-24. Running it with a COR-15. Just got it plumbed and fired up!

Attachments

• D65C37FB-B4B4-4DC4-81BE-ED362FBB83ED.jpg
    D65C37FB-B4B4-4DC4-81BE-ED362FBB83ED.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 0
  • D9B4179B-1DAA-4118-BA79-6E7918581E13.jpg
    D9B4179B-1DAA-4118-BA79-6E7918581E13.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 0
So I raised my skimmer & it ran just fine for 3 weeks and then today I was going to empty it & it's back to its old tricks. Nothing changed in the tank, but it flushed the collection cup totally out with sump water, emptying a nasty collection cup back into my sump (made for a smelly arrival in my office).

Do you think my Syncra 5.0 may be too strong?

The Life Reef Skimmer Club

So I don't know if I'm officially part of this club until I get it plumbed and full of water, but I picked it up today. VS3-72!!! [emoji106]
5923784fca315ed84ea54a5de3c7e2ce.jpg

Last edited:
Back